Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked with a friend of mine and told him that when my 06 gets here I have a lot of mods that I would like to do to it, including underdrive pulleys. In my opinion it frees up horsepower...how much im not sure but every bit counts. He says that underdrive pulleys have a negative affect on your alternator/accesories. Is this true?

So I guess my question is (to get to the point)

Do underdrive pulleys have any negative impact to any part of the car?
How much horsepower does underdrive pulleys give you back?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
dcranford said:
I have talked with a friend of mine and told him that when my 06 gets here I have a lot of mods that I would like to do to it, including underdrive pulleys. In my opinion it frees up horsepower...how much im not sure but every bit counts. He says that underdrive pulleys have a negative affect on your alternator/accesories. Is this true?

So I guess my question is (to get to the point)

Do underdrive pulleys have any negative impact to any part of the car?
How much horsepower does underdrive pulleys give you back?
My A/C does not work as well at low RPMs standing still (traffic jam.) No other probs but again it does not cool very well inside at +90 degree days if you're at a stand still on idle....

12 on the rear wheels is the best I've seen, well worth the money!

Mine are for sale (does not work with the S/C), $150.

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's way I am not buying the underdrive pulleys...

I plan on buying a Saleen Supercharger...

Thanks, Dave
:drink:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Me too would like to clarify that I've had no probs with my Steeda UD Pulleys. A/C might be a couple of degrees warmer at idle but that's it. Powergain was pretty good and the willingness to rev even better!

I'm, again, taking mine off for a S/C install (might go the other way with OD pulleys for more boost in the future...:drool: )

·
Registered
150 Posts
negs on underdrives

Besides some minute reasons the only "major" problems are:

Air will blow warmer at idle on REALLY hot days

Alt will not charge battery or power upfitted power amps as well.

...and so it goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts