Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some experience with the underdrive pulleys for these stangs? trying to find out comparisons between rousch, steeda, and generic sfi ones. anybody know which ones better or how much improvement u really feel.... can b up to almost $100 difference in price but aren't they all bout the same?

·
Registered
227 Posts
UDPs reduces parasitic drag from belt-driven accessories. You will have a faster throttle response. Join the club on which brand to go with. Which vendor is better depends on which motor you are running. There is another string on this forum that has lots of discussion about a lot of vendors.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw a post where STL was not impressed with underdrive pulleys in general, and I think he's bought an installed just about every brand and mod available at some point or another, so he would know. :hihi:

Might wanna check w/ him to be sure though.

Personally, with Spring temps already seeing mid- to high-90s, I need my A/C to get as much juice as it can! Do they make OVERDRIVE pulleys? :happyhapp (j/k)

~HA

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
2 years with my Steeda on and no problems. Heat index around here has been like 110 the last few days while sitting in traffic. A/C blows cold and that is with the slight vacuum loss from the cams. Good cheap HP im ho.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I have Steeda UDP's and I could feel a little difference in performance after the install and have had no problems with charging or A/C cooling.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have Steeda UDP's and I could feel a little difference in performance after the install and have had no problems with charging or A/C cooling.
+1 i live in new mexico, we aren't as bad as Arizona or anything, but we see some high summer temps, and i don't have any problems. the installation was a bit tricky at first, only because i didnt have some tools, but i am happy with them.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw a post where STL was not impressed with underdrive pulleys in general, and I think he's bought an installed just about every brand and mod available at some point or another, so he would know. :hihi:

Might wanna check w/ him to be sure though.

Personally, with Spring temps already seeing mid- to high-90s, I need my A/C to get as much juice as it can! Do they make OVERDRIVE pulleys? :happyhapp (j/k)

~HA
Stl was running motoblue UDP's which he had to remove due to his S/C. I bought them off him but have yet to install them.
They are supposed to free up approx 10HP. It does slow down the accessories a bit.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've had the Steeda's on for a little over a year with no A/C, alternator or cooling problems. Today it was 105 deg. and I was stuck in more traffic than I usually have. The A/C and everything worked great. I have felt a little more response from the engine with them. Nothing earth shattering but noticeable, more "eager" to rev feeling.

Frank

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I actually liked them. It was an easy install and they netted me around 8 rwhp.

Pete, it's time to get off your butt and install them. We can't have old mods of mine going to waste. :laugh:

·
Registered
937 Posts
So, Motoblue or Steeda? I've been hearing Steeda is the best but STLs 8rwhp is proof the MBs are good.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I actually liked them. It was an easy install and they netted me around 8 rwhp.

Pete, it's time to get off your butt and install them. We can't have old mods of mine going to waste. :laugh:
Oops, guess I was just hallucinating about you not being impressed! :embarrassed

~HA

·
Registered
448 Posts
STeeda UDPs on mine for over a year and NP with anything. The "eager" feeeling was there as was stated above. Brent

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've got Steeda's also with absolutely no problems. I was worried about AC performance too, but it turned out not to be a problem.
We went through a major heatwave last year with a record set for the most days over 90* and I never had a problem with the AC or anything else. I park on a black top lot at work too.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
2 years with my Steeda on and no problems. Heat index around here has been like 110 the last few days while sitting in traffic. A/C blows cold and that is with the slight vacuum loss from the cams. Good cheap HP im ho.
Same here, about 3 years.
Just checked the air temp from the a/c vent yesterday, 90+ degrees outside, humid and sunny, at idle she was pushing 40 degrees from the vents! Dont get any colder than that.

My 94 Accord only could do 53 :(
Evacuate and recharge that sumbish tomorrow!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I went with Roush UDPs and I don't have any issues with them...No issues with my AC either...I used my AC for the first time this year yesterday....Gotta love Northern Canada...:gringreen

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.