Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had to tear my trunk liner out (as well as the entire rear seat and trim) to try to track down a rattle that is driving me crazy! Anyway, I ran across this "horn" looking thingy. Even the service department hasn't a clue what it is for. I am thinking maybe part of the active alarm system? Any ideas?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Ok, I had to tear my trunk liner out (as well as the entire rear seat and trim) to try to track down a rattle that is driving me crazy! Anyway, I ran across this "horn" looking thingy. Even the service department hasn't a clue what it is for. I am thinking maybe part of the active alarm system? Any ideas?
That is the tracking device that is mandated by the U.S government to be placed on all cars starting with the 05 model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
2k5GTC said:
:evilchuck :evilchuck Ya really think so? OMG!! :shocked: :heha:
No, but I do think you should lend your camera to STR4T0S so he can get better pictures of his new car :doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
the horn for the antitheft is the same as the car horn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
It's the thing that's making the rattling sound you were looking for in the first place. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
I stand corrected..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o5smt said:
It is the horn for the anti theft system.
Hmmm. I just went out and did a test. Opened the trunk and pushed the panic button. Nope, not a peep from that thing. Then I armed the system with a window down and the trunk open, stuck my arm in the car, and that little sucker started making its little import car beeps. Cool! I bet it is a backup to the main horn in the event a thief pulls the horn wires or something. Thanks for the info. I gotta let my service department know about this one. :wavey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stoopy said:
It's the thing that's making the rattling sound you were looking for in the first place. :D
Oh if only that were true! My dealer had it in the shop a whole day and even they couldn't figure out where the rattle was coming from! :shrug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
its a piece to the bong some of the installers were smoking when then installed our popping front struts, skipping shaker 500, and non-fillable gas tanks. :laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Then I armed the system with a window down and the trunk open, stuck my arm in the car, and that little sucker started making its little import car beeps. :wavey
I would replace it with a train horn! :hihi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
That's the blinker fluid reservoir.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
jibboo said:
its a piece to the bong some of the installers were smoking when then installed our popping front struts, skipping shaker 500, and non-fillable gas tanks. :laughlitt
Dammit, I been looking for that piece to my bong!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
pcfrisch said:
No, but I do think you should lend your camera to STR4T0S so he can get better pictures of his new car :doh:
Yeah Stoenr, If you wouldn't mind lending me your camera. I can only get down to about a 1/4 mile on frisch's house via satellite. I may need a few extra megapixels to really get the clarity on his car....Thanks Willis!

:shocked:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top