Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll cut to the chase. An old lady (91) jumped the curb and hit my parked car. I posted some pictures I took for insurance purposes on my site.

The pain starts at 9. Some of these images may be pretty intense. It's ok to cry. Just look to your mustang brethern and sistern for emotional support.:weeps
http://www.invisiblefury.com/accident.html

·
Registered
25 Posts

Its times like those that people carry concealed weapons. I wouldnt have the patience to take pictures and document the incident.. Id be in that ladies face demanding her Social Security check as payment for her mistake....
j/k
But that sucks, Ive had 2 dings and 5 scratches put on my car by my "loving" relatives, and I had to walk around the block just to calm down:mad:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I don't care about the seasoned citizens excuse they have a right to drive, independance etc. They don't have a right to cause accidents. I believe after a certain age everyone should have a driving test. I have seen this happen quite a bit on the news.

·
Registered
386 Posts
special_d said:
I'll cut to the chase. An old lady (91) jumped the curb and hit my parked car. I posted some pictures I took for insurance purposes on my site.

The pain starts at 9. Some of these images may be pretty intense. It's ok to cry. Just look to your mustang brethern and sistern for emotional support.:weeps
http://www.invisiblefury.com/accident.htmlhttp://www.invisiblefury.com/accident.htmlhttp://www.invisiblefury.com/accident.htmlhttp://www.invisiblefury.com/accident.html
Thankfully , it seems no one was hurt & that's the most important thing. I'm sure the Lady has kids , grand kids & great grand kids . Pity no one intervenes at that age to make sure a person is capable of driving . My Dad at 77 is getting pretty crappy behind the wheel. 91 Good Gawd at first I thought you meant octane :what:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man that sucks... At least it can be repaired, and perhaps even better then it was.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry this happened to you. :(

And yes, at 91 the old lady shouldn't be driving anymore. As I said, I feel sorry your car was damaged, but what if somebody would have been standing there ? I don't wanna think about it...

G

·
Dayum... she got not just one car, but a couple. Looks like she jumped the curb doin a decent clip... there's some munched cars there. That really sucks dude, hope you get it fixed fast. And you probably thought you were playin it safe parkin out in the boondocks...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just such a random event. Like getting hit in the head with a coconut or a coconut creme pie. I mean I could have been at any restaurant. Parked in any spot at that restaurant. But the fact that there was no way to prevent this is the only thing that's helping me through this (oh and you guys). I always imagined a 100 mile an hour showdown with a new charger (shameless Bullit reference) would be my car's first "kiss". But real life is so much more interesting.:thumbsup

·
Registered
150 Posts
jeeze! man what can i say im only 16, and i no that things in this life r unpradictable(sp). Sh*t happens when we least excpect it. But the good thing is ur ok dude. A car is nothing but metal..u can get that repaired...hey good luck though!:jester:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Curious...Did she have insurance? Thats just too old for people to be driving, but when i'm 90 i'll be in a stang mow'n down the youngsters! :evilchuck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DaWarrior said:
Curious...Did she have insurance? Thats just too old for people to be driving, but when i'm 90 i'll be in a stang mow'n down the youngsters! :evilchuck
Thankfully she did have insurance.

A little description of the accident as explained by the cops.

The old lady basically got confused and didn't realize there was a curb between the driveway and the parking lot. To complicate matters, a SUV was pulling into the same spot. I speculate that the old lady mistakenly hit the gas and met the SUV head on. My car was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Two cars had a head on collision about a foot away from my car. The old lady and the driver of the other car (a Volvo SUV with 2 small children in it) were both taken to the hospital as a precaution. So at this point I am out of the loop. I am glad my car was not involved in a fatal car accident (that's bad juju).

I am not mad at the old lady. I do not wish her any ill will. (she definitely has enough on her plate right now). As a Mustang noob, driving has become a big part of my life. I can't imagine not being able to drive. So I will just calk this one up to yin/yang or some kinda crazy after school special where we all learn that driving is a privilege.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Two of my worst nightmares: New car getting smacked while parked and a seasoned citizen causing an accident. My dad turns 80 in October and he has had his share of minor accidents. I hope for safety sake he fails his licence renewal test. He's getting too old to drive safely. I'll be more than happy to drive him around in my new Mustang (if it ever gets built). I'm sorry you had to go through all of the pain but I'm glad you are okay.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Glad everyone is OK....but consider this.

Your new Stang is 'damaged goods.' Try trading it in or selling it AFTER the body work is complete. That's gonna cost you 5000 plus! I'd be taking here to court to recover my loss.

You need a lawyer and I'd get my insurance agent involved. :eek:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ohhhh, that's rough Man.....Sorry for your loss.:sadcry:

I wouldn't sue her personally, just her insurance. This kind of stuff happens to old people. One day it could be you.....

Do unto others and all!

·
Registered
80 Posts
oops double post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ouch, always horrible to see a pony all banged up :sadcry: But..at least its repairable, hope you get her back on the road soon!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I certainly believe that after 75, you need to pass a driving test and a physical in order to renew your license.....

This sucks for all involved 'cause the old lady didn't do this on purpose and now you're without your Stang for awhile......:walksmile

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
JEB said:
Ohhhh, that's rough Man.....Sorry for your loss.:sadcry:

I wouldn't sue her personally, just her insurance. This kind of stuff happens to old people. One day it could be you.....

Do unto others and all!
No, I think I would sue her, maybe she will think about getting into an automobile and driving next time. TOO MANY OLD PEOPLE GETTING INTO WRECKS! I mean cmon, how long has she been drving? 75 years? and she still doesnt know the brake from the gas? And if a panic situation arrives and you react incorrectly like that, then its just cause to re-evaluate there ability to drive!

Jeez, you think it was my car that got hit I got so heated.

She offer any apology?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts