Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a recent incident with a sick dog I had to remove my center console for cleaning purposes. I have a CB radio and a volt meter hooked up to the plug that goes to the cigarette lighter and the non-existent traction control. Now that the center consol is out I can see the wiring a bit better and realized that there are three more plugs that go nowhere. Obviously they are not needed for the car to run as its been doing so for years, I'm just wondering what they are. Pictures are attached. They all go into a harness just to the left of the shifter, picture also included.

One plug looks like another cigarette lighter but I have no idea what the other two are. Anybody know what they are? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Might be handy to mention if your car is a manual or automatic.

Also might be handy to mention which radio your car came with.

My thinking is they are for an optional radio that your car does not have and/or for the transmission/ABS option that your car does not have.

If you are serious about finding out what they do, a set of wiring diagrams would provide the information needed to solve the mystery. If interested in getting a set for yourself I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is a manual and it came with the stock radio not the Mach system. I had a feeling that these extra plugs were for the radio upgrade but I'm not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts