Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

First thing first, anyone here order window louvres, side scoops ect. that was unpainted off of American Muscle, Stage 3 or any other similar site? I'm leaning towards unpainted for now, and my friend said just to spray paint them. Though I'm not sure about that. For those who bought whatever it is you bought unpainted, did you just spray paint them? You special type of paint? Bring it to a paint shop? Should I just buy pre-painted?

Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you look down on the 2011 thread I just posted on this issue. Long story short buy them prepainted if you can . I spent alot of time and money on this project. I am still painting on the front facia and engine covers.

View attachment spoiler.bmp

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
get them prepainted. its a spot on match for the car, esp since its such a new car.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Personally I can't imagine fooling with painting when you don't have to. Plus you have absolutely no risk as you can see the parts right next to your car to make sure they match before you do any work.

I bought a GT style prepainted spoiler for my 2009 V6 that matched so well in both color and paint application that you honestly couldn't tell it wasn't always there.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I vote for pre painted as well. I have ordered two parts from two different manufacturers and both matched perfectly.

The 3D Carbon spoiler was nothing short of amazing right down to the flake in the paint. The mirror covers from AM were a perfect match too but unfortunately a bad fit and must go back.

Oh .. and you get to install the part when it arrives rather than waiting for a paint shop to finish them up.

Looks like the big players who are providing painted parts have their process in control. Read reviews and you will find very few who are disappointed.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I bought pre-painted from DG Customs. Perfect match. No muss, no fuss.

Rob

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Bought the Roush Louvers pre-painted, and they matches perfectly.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
+ 1 on pre-painted. Remember, the insides will not be painted. You will have to either spray them or leave them alone if you are happy with the inside color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.