Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking for some insight on a particular issue that randomly occurs with me. For reference, I have a totally stock '05 GT 5spd purchased 12/3/04. This is my daily driver and I am up to 30K miles. Without warning, and usually when beginning from a stop, the car will suddenly accelerate\lurch forward like it was possessed. Fortunately, each time there were no cars in front of me. Additionally, this has also occurred when passing another car. It acts just like it jumped into a “passing gear” when the accelerator is leaned on to make the pass. I took it to the dealership on two separate occasions and was told the computer reported no abnormalities and they were unable to reproduce through their own drive. Has anybody else encountered this??

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
1st. Welcome to our site!

2nd. It's because it's stock! She's mad at you! LOL

3d. This has been up before, do a search!

4th. If it's not you... some members (yours truly inkluded) have had some probs with 'jerking' in low gear at low speed... think we came to the sensitive throttle and a car moving/jerking around... But yours sound more like a computer/fly-by-wire thing....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unplanned accelerator surges

kj_cinci said:
1st. Welcome to our site! 1) Thank you!
2nd. It's because it's stock! She's mad at you! LOL 2) Yes, I believe your correct here, but not for much longer!

3d. This has been up before, do a search! 3) I did before posting the question and again today using "fly-by-wire". Except for the stuck throttle, didn't see similar items. Can you recommended a key word?

4th. If it's not you... some members (yours truly inkluded) have had some probs with 'jerking' in low gear at low speed... think we came to the sensitive throttle and a car moving/jerking around... But yours sound more like a computer/fly-by-wire thing....
4) Thanks again for the response.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yea, the stuck accelerator was the one I was thinking of.... Your dealer will HAVE to change the electronic parts! Safty first! It's in the books now and I'm sure they don't want a law suit anything bad happens...!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
unplanned accelerator surges

Hi, I have a 05 GT. Three times the car as gone full throtle and fortunately no was in front of the car. I put in neutral, got off the road and turned it off. If I start it right after turning it off it is still full throtle(7000rpms) Its been at the dealer 6 weeks because the engine had been blown. They put a new engiine in it and it immediately did it again. It has not happened for the dealer, only me. They are now saying they are going to put a VDR on it. Please let me know what you have found out because I'm afraid Im going to kill someone as well as myself. Thanks, Patsy

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Did they replace the powertrain control module? Did they examine the accelerator pedal? Could be a problem with the signal the drive-by-wire is sending/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.