Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around with my car today and noticed hot air hitting my hand...when i looked to see where it was coming from i noticed this open hole which was putting out hot air and i noticed it smelled like exhaust...i took a pic of it it's on the passenger side just wondering if this needs to be plugged or what

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Don't plug it. look to the right and you'll see the rubber hose that belongs there. That hose goes to the DPFE (delta pressure ... something or other). There are several reasons that hose will come off.

1) you knocked it off while working on something else.

2) the catalytic converter is restricted causing excessive pressure and blew or melted the hose off.

3) the rubber got hard and cracked, allowing the hose to break.

When driving with that hose off you should see an MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) or engine light and an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) code should be stored.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprisingly the check engine light didn't come on...thanks for the info you've been a big help

·
Registered
335 Posts
No problem, glad to help. They are special hoses so if you need to replace them you can pick them up at any ford dealer. One has a larger inside diameter than the other.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankfully it was still there and didn't completely come off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts