Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Steeda's tech people and was told that Steeda will NOT be making their product available at any point for any non-Whipple/Ford supercharger or turbo product. I was told that the primary reason for this decision is that Steeda/Ford's adaptive technology was specifically designed for Whipple/Ford's supercharger's ability to comply with federal emissions standards.

·
Registered
833 Posts
And I talked to them a couple of days ago and was told for NA applications it would only be available with the Steeda CAI, not any other aftermarket CAIs for the same reason. Seems funny that this would be the case since it is supposed to be adaptive. :headscratch:

But I am still seriously thinking of getting it. I had my heart set on the Bullitt intake but the dyno test of the Bullitt wasn't all that impressive. Just wish we could hear some feedback from someone who's used the adaptive system. (I know, I know maybe I'll have to be that somebody.)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I think Steeda/Ford are making a huge mistake in limiting their product's availability and, in the process, risking alienating a substantial number of people who might otherwise be inclined to buy their products but who may now see their (i.e., Steeda/Ford's) behavior as less than consumer friendly despite any claims they might make to the contrary.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The site says 2007+ cars at the moment. Just dropped them a line about 05 cars as this would be ideal for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just had a reply back from Steeda, No good for 05 & 06 owners;

"...unfortunately the 2005 and 2006 processors do not have the
physical hardware to actually run the calibration.

It would require a wiring harness modification and a 2007 processor to
be able to use it. It is not a cost effective modification."

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Just had a reply back from Steeda, No good for 05 & 06 owners;

"...unfortunately the 2005 and 2006 processors do not have the
physical hardware to actually run the calibration.

It would require a wiring harness modification and a 2007 processor to
be able to use it. It is not a cost effective modification."
So it's a PCM limitation?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I guess so. I've just had a look on Steeda's site at the new Wipple blower which now comes with the adaptive calibration. It does say;

"NOTE: 2005 and 2006 cars need to upgrade to the 2007 processor to use this system. Feel free to call for details."

I guess it comes in very pricey and the benefits don't outweigh the cost over a canned tune for most people. Shame, would have been great. Especially over here in the UK where there are hardly any shops familiar with the Mustang, so it's hard to get a custom tune.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I guess so. I've just had a look on Steeda's site at the new Wipple blower which now comes with the adaptive calibration. It does say;

"NOTE: 2005 and 2006 cars need to upgrade to the 2007 processor to use this system. Feel free to call for details."

I guess it comes in very pricey and the benefits don't outweigh the cost over a canned tune for most people. Shame, would have been great. Especially over here in the UK where there are hardly any shops familiar with the Mustang, so it's hard to get a custom tune.
A PCM is pretty pricey. Don't fully understand the 'wiring harness' issue. I guess it must be pinned-out differently. :scratchchin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.