Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I’ve been pondering an upgrade from what I currently drive. I have a 2011 Mustang GT with 129,xxx miles on it, and I was planning on getting something brand new, but then I started researching what to get, and wouldn’t mind a bit of advice. I work a decent job, but I don’t have the budget for a Shelby unfortunately. I was thinking about pulling for a new Mach 1 next spring, but I wasn’t sure if it would be worth it compared to a lvl2 GT. Any advice on what to get would be appreciated. I prefer Stick shift as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,528 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
New Mach 1 gets 20 more horses than GT for a total of 480, Mach 1 uses the tried and true Tremec 3160 six-speed manual out of the GT350 and for the first time, Ford has added rev-matching to the transmission, Mach 1 also features a much longer flat underbody and a rear wing that's pulled from the Shelby, Mach 1 makes 22 percent more downforce than the standard GT with the Performance Pack. The Mach 1 also comes with the latest iteration of Ford's MagneRide suspension, significant changes to the electric-assist power steering system, stiffer anti-roll bars, and new front springs, front bumper has been re-sculpted to add extra downforce, Mach 1's Handling package gets the 19-inch wheels that measure in at 10.5 inches wide up front and 11 inches wide at the rear. Both wheel options come with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. Yea, you can go the "upgrade" route, many of us have done so and in the long run, it will cost you more $$. Had I sold my car before I began adding all the upgrades, I could have easily afforded a track ready GT350R. Point being, in most cases, you will always spend more to upgrade than to buy a car already done. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide to do. I have no regrets of what I've done, I just try to remember not to look back at what it all cost me...:oops:

·
Super Moderator
2,528 Posts
Wow... Now I want a Mach 1. I wish I had skipped over this post ;-)

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
1 - 7 of 7 Posts