Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below in my sig. are my list of mods. I want to safely spray 175 shot after I get tuned and chipped. I currenty have 190lph pump w/ Fuel Pressure Reg. I'm wondering before I go pay to get tuned for nitrous if I should get larger fuel lines or not. Does anybody know if my stock ones are sufficient w/ aftermarket pump and running 175 shot wet or do I need to be safe and upgrade to larger ones? If so, what diameter and gauge? Where's a good place to start looking? My car seems rich at idles. Maybe knock out 2 birds one stone of somebody could help me with this one too. THanks..........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else? I read that a 190 lph is good for 400-450 hp. I'll be pushing more around 500 w/ a 175 shot. That's why I ask if I need to go w/ 255 lph pump and larger diameter fuel line

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Get the '94- '95 fuel rails. They flow 40% more that the '87-'92 and are good for at least 550HP or more.

Line attachment is the same with a little bending of the factory feed lines. I found some factory stainless braided lines that I think came from a Cobra, so on my setup no bending was required.

You will need the later 2 bolt fuel regualtor.

I would go with at least a 255lph pump fpr ANY high performance application, but the stock fuel lines/regulator are fine for now. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tominator said:
Get the '94- '95 fuel rails. They flow 40% more that the '87-'92 and are good for at least 550HP or more.

I don't need larger fuel rails because I have a wet kit that sprays fuel at the nozzle into intake so fuel rails should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.