Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 v6 mustang and i want to install a x-charger and a t-loc with 4.10 gears. is it absolutely neccessary to upgrade to forged internals, and if so where can i find them?

·
Registered
883 Posts
No it is not nevcessary. Most people running the X do not have any motor work done.
Your plans for the car will determine what additional mods need to be done.

·
Registered
225 Posts
you don't need to forge interals for the x.

Just wondering, what kind of performance could you get from upgrading your internals and how much would it cost for parts and install?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i have a 2007 v6 mustang and i want to install a x-charger and a t-loc with 4.10 gears. is it absolutely neccessary to upgrade to forged internals, and if so where can i find them?
you could have some fun with your factory motor while your building a beastly new engine :hihi:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
most f/i is pretty safe under 8psi. 10 is riding the fence but is still relatively safe. the main thing is getting a good tune. most cars that blow up are due to bad tunes..bad gas...and stupid driving. as long as youre not all over it all the time and you watch everything really close youll be ok. head studs and head gaskets seem to be a weak point for our 4.0s...super six is expensive but u can get those from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.