Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my garage after two weekends of hell. Only problem now is that I'm totally scared I might get something dirty.....and I'm supposed to pull the motor this month!
Here is a before and after......

What do ya think? To much?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Very nice. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Looks good is that the epoxy or just tiles? I used the epoxy on my old garage its awesome!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
912 Posts
that looks great, i wish i had a grage that sze to work in, mines 2 cars deep not 2 cars wide, makes a pain for working on anything with a jack

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's actually peel and stick vinyl tiles. I was on the fence for a while about whether to use the paint or not. I had a couple co-workers that had bad results with it, so I went ahead with the tile. I figure if I mess one up pretty bad, I can just pull it up and put a new one down.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That looks sweet! I'm just about to close escrow on a new house and was going to epoxy the floor but now I think I'm going the tile route. It turned out awesome:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I found these tiles online, it seemed to be the cheapest route. The garage floor is 399 square feet. I ordered 440 tiles and it came in around $320. $160 for the tiles and $150 to ship them all. ...lol

Still cheaper than buying them from Home Depot or Lowes!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Man looks great but due to using petroleum products the epoxy is the way to go. You can even tape it off and make it look like that. All you have to do is use a commercial degreaser, let sit for a few hours and scrub any oil spots till they quit beading water. Power wash until all soap stops coming up from the concrete. Then spray muriatic acid on it, wear a mask and have good ventilation, let sit till acid is done etching. I just used a garden sprayer. Powerwash again a couple times until it it has a nuetral ph. Then allow to dry for 2 days I use a squegge and dehumidifier. Paint away. I takes about 30% more than what the can says in material but looks great and oil, trans fluid, etc just wipe right up. Sounds tough but I did mine and one for a customer took 14 man hours ea (2 car) with 2 oil spots that were 5 yrs in the making.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.