Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently introduced my 2015 GT to a mailbox and took out the passenger side mirror. Since I'll already have to replace that one, the thought occurred to me to upgrade both mirrors while I'm at it. I have the base GT, but i'd like to possibly upgrade to get the puddle lamps and turn signalling. I dug around a bit, but I can't seem to find any information on whether this would even be possible. Is the wiring for the lamps and the turn signal already included, or does the base have a different wiring harness than the premium? Would it be more of a chore to do this than it's worth?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The parts can be found here.

I'd take remove the broken one and look at the harness. does it look like there are extra connectors or wires not hooked up. If so I would give the one with the puddle lamp a try. The power fold mirrors with the puddle lamp is 358.82 list and without the puddle lamp is 428.54.

You could call the parts guys at silverstate / Gaudin Ford (888-295-6817) and find out if the least expensive (238.53) non power fold mirror has a puddle lamp (it doesn't say whether it does or doesn't).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response - I'll do that. I had hoped that there might be more info available on this but it looks like I'll be taking it apart!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I recently introduced my 2015 GT to a mailbox and took out the passenger side mirror. Since I'll already have to replace that one, the thought occurred to me to upgrade both mirrors while I'm at it. I have the base GT, but i'd like to possibly upgrade to get the puddle lamps and turn signalling. I dug around a bit, but I can't seem to find any information on whether this would even be possible. Is the wiring for the lamps and the turn signal already included, or does the base have a different wiring harness than the premium? Would it be more of a chore to do this than it's worth?
Hi, I have looked far and wide for some information on this topic. Not having found anything useful I took the plunge and tried the swap out myself. I have a 2019 Mustang GT base with the 301A package which adds the premium stereo, climate control (no heater or cooled seats) and lit sill plates. The side mirror are only power glass on this model and trim level. I wanted Heated mirrors with turn signals and puddle lamps. I also wanted black mirrors because I have the black accent package, which in 2019 did not include the mirrors being black.

The good news is that I bought the 2015-2018 left and right (shadow black) mirrors new on ebay, and THEY WORKED PLUG AND PLAY WITH NO FORSCAN OR WIRING!. Now I have heated, turn signal mirrors with the pony logo puddle lamps! I paid $220 per mirror and the upgrade was worth it. I just wanted to share that for those who might want to do the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts