Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car I'm working on is a '95, and the hood latch was super loose making it where opening the hood I had to find the sweet spot to lift on the lever ... I took it off and pinned the metal sleeve that the latch itself moves in and it did tighten it up and make it easier, but I noticed on the '96 models they had a hood latch where you move it from a much smaller tab that's right on the release lever itself. So before I buy and try, I was wondering if anyone has updated their hood latch and if so is there anything I need to do to make it fit correctly? There's no custom grille or anything else I can see that would be an issue. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
4,806 Posts
It doesn’t look like anyone has done this. Are you sure you can’t just replace it with a replacement part that fits & works correctly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn’t look like anyone has done this. Are you sure you can’t just replace it with a replacement part that fits & works correctly?
The original hood latch was loose inside the sleeve that's supposed to keep it tight before I got it, but I personally hate the design of that long lever, which is why I was curious about putting the '96 style in this car (figured it'd be easier for the lady I'm doing all this work for to open the hood). I did fix the looseness in the original hood latch so it's no longer a struggle to open though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts