Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 mustang has all original suspension in the front and I was looking to change my coils, shocks, sway bar struts, etc. I found a kit for my car through PST's magazine and was just wondering if anyone has found a great kit for the front of their mustang? I also would like to know what would be the best thickness in the sway bar? I already did my rear suspension which was just leaf springs and shocks. I was wondering would it be helpful to install a rear sway bar? My car did not come stocked with one.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
A one inch front sway bar will keep your car completely flat through the corners. I would use a 7/8" rear with it to keep oversteer under control. However, it'll be a little skittish across broken pavement. For really good handling, do a Shelby/Arning drop. Most distributors sell kits that include hole templates and ball joints to complete the drop. Also, check out Global West and Total Control Products for their negative roll kits. With all the extra cornering, you're gonna want to upgrade your control arms to tubular eventually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A good guide is the "BOSS 302 Chassis Modification Guide". If you follow the various stages you will be very happy with the results. Though the publication dates to 1970 the guide is still applicable to the car. It has some great information on the front suspension that you will find usefull. Just be carfull or you will end up with a racecar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.