Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the springs, struts, shocks, rear sway bar, etc from a brand new Boss 302 owner that removed them immediately after delivery. I want to get my GT to handle as well as a stock Boss so I know I also need to replace some suspension bushings, but have no idea which ones I would need to replace. Already bought the rear sway bar bushings, so I have that one covered.

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of how to prepare a list of bushings I would need to replace?

Can't wait to get this setup installed.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just bought the springs, struts, shocks, rear sway bar, etc from a brand new Boss 302 owner that removed them immediately after delivery. I want to get my GT to handle as well as a stock Boss so I know I also need to replace some suspension bushings, but have no idea which ones I would need to replace. Already bought the rear sway bar bushings, so I have that one covered.

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of how to prepare a list of bushings I would need to replace?

Can't wait to get this setup installed.

Thanks in advance
Where'd you get the goods?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where'd you get the goods?
Most of it came from an owner out of GA that just bought his Boss and decided he wanted to upgrade to the Ford Racing Handing Pack. I bought the rear sway bar and sway bar bushing from Tousley Ford. Can't wait to get it all on the car.

Someone out there know which bushings were upgraded on the Boss?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Most of it came from an owner out of GA that just bought his Boss and decided he wanted to upgrade to the Ford Racing Handing Pack. I bought the rear sway bar and sway bar bushing from Tousley Ford. Can't wait to get it all on the car.

Someone out there know which bushings were upgraded on the Boss?
Suspension wise everything is identical except for springs, struts/shocks and 25 MM rear bar.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

G

·
0 Posts
The only things I would add to the Boss suspension would be rear lower control arms with poly bushings. Other than that nothing else is required. Just install the parts and take a few weeks to see how you like it. After that see what else can be improved if any.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
It's still going to ride a little high.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Suspension wise everything is identical except for springs, struts/shocks and 25 MM rear bar.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
The Boss 302 has a complete bushing rework. They are not the same.

Here is an article that has every spec on the Boss 302

2011 Ford Mustang 302 - Inside The Boss - 5.0 Mustang Magazine

Found this on another site

The Boss 302 changes all that. Ford has given the Boss firmer coil springs and suspension bushings and manually adjustable shocks and struts. This means your Mustang handling and ride quality is completely tunable

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Boss 302 has a complete bushing rework. They are not the same.

Here is an article that has every spec on the Boss 302

2011 Ford Mustang 302 - Inside The Boss - 5.0 Mustang Magazine

Found this on another site

The Boss 302 changes all that. Ford has given the Boss firmer coil springs and suspension bushings and manually adjustable shocks and struts. This means your Mustang handling and ride quality is completely tunable

Michael,

Thanks for the very helpful link and info. The article states the rear lower control arms have a stiffer bushing, so that was a big help in knowing what I need to change to get the car to boss specs.

If anyone knows of a list that tells which of all the bushings are different, please let me know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know which bushings I need to replace to get to Boss spec?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Not sure how much you paid for all this, plus the extra parts you're gonna need, but maybe you should have done like him and get the Ford Racing Handling Pack who is a better set up than the stock Boss suspension...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts