Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helloo there,
My pocket is empty right now; I changed everything (everything) to solve heating problem, I even changed my head gasket, now the its running cooler than before but I noticed that the upper house is feel hard ( pressurized ) is that normal??:headscratch:

160 TS
2 row 2.5" radiator
new water pump
fan always on high speed

·
Registered
910 Posts
helloo there,

My pocket is empty right now; I changed everything (everything) to solve heating problem, I even changed my head gasket, now the its running cooler than before but I noticed that the upper house is feel hard ( pressurized ) is that normal??:headscratch:
cooling systems are designed to run under pressure to raise the boiling point of the coolent. Your pressure cap should have a psi value on it. So when the system is pressurized, the hoses will feel firm.
Unless you had coolant in the oil? Why did you mess with removing the head? PITA job especially if done in the car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cooling systems are designed to run under pressure to raise the boiling point of the coolent. Your pressure cap should have a psi value on it. So when the system is pressurized, the hoses will feel firm.
Unless you had coolant in the oil? Why did you mess with removing the head? PITA job especially if done in the car.
I had bubble coming in radiator, so I was guessing it’s the head gasket:scratchchin

Do you think it's wise to use 160 t-stat??:headscratch:
Thanks for helping:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
is it tuned for a 160 stat? If not, whats the normal temp that its running? I'm sure it's always in the warm up mode if it's not tuned.
+1 about being under pressure and how it works.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it tuned for a 160 stat? If not, whats the normal temp that its running? I'm sure it's always in the warm up mode if it's not tuned.
+1 about being under pressure and how it works.

I have no idea what the original tuning 160, 180 or either 195, do you advise to try 180 or 195?

By the way it's very hot and humid weather; it's like Florida summer time I guess:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Car stock setting should be considered when you change the thermostat...try not to stray too far from stock setting or your computer will always thing its running cool and compensate. And yes, your hoses being pressurized is a good thing.

R

·
0 Posts
go with either a 180 or 195 t-stat.....

anything lower will cause additional problems.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.