Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have and install the UPR billet shifter bezel? If so I'm curious how it attaches and if it goes over the stock OEM plastic bezel. If it does not go over the stock plastic bezel, how easy is it to get the factory bezel off and can it be done without destroying it. Lastly if anyone has pics I'd really appreciate seeing them! Thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
vistapony said:
Anyone have and install the UPR billet shifter bezel? If so I'm curious how it attaches and if it goes over the stock OEM plastic bezel. If it does not go over the stock plastic bezel, how easy is it to get the factory bezel off and can it be done without destroying it. Lastly if anyone has pics I'd really appreciate seeing them! Thanks!
I take it you're talking about the one for the auto? I don't know of any other so I'll assume you are. They slip over and you cinch them down with allen head screws. I really like the look of them. Probably my favorite UPR mod so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woodj said:
They slip over and you cinch them down with allen head screws. I really like the look of them. Probably my favorite UPR mod so far.
Yes the bezel is the same for the auto and the stick. So you have do drill into your factory center console then?

·
Registered
454 Posts
vistapony said:
Yes the bezel is the same for the auto and the stick. So you have do drill into your factory center console then?
I don't have the bezel. I had a "brain wave interruption" last night. I have the gizmos that fit over the automatic shifter. I believe that the bezel you're asking about requires no drilling. UPR has some very good mechanical engineers. They do a very good job of fitting things. The switch sills for instance are very well made. Very little adhesive is required because of the tight tolerances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.