Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating ordering the UPR billet pedal kit for my stang, and I was wondering if any drilling is required for the install. Anyone who has these, your insight would be very helpful. The drilling was what turned me away from the ones offered on PFYC.com (the same as those at UltimatePedals.com) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe drilling is required on the UPR pedals also.

LegendStang2005 said:
I have been debating ordering the UPR billet pedal kit for my stang, and I was wondering if any drilling is required for the install. Anyone who has these, your insight would be very helpful. The drilling was what turned me away from the ones offered on PFYC.com (the same as those at UltimatePedals.com) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
LegendStang2005 said:
yep, you got to drill a couple of small holes... but your pedal look so much nicer! LOL!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I sent the pedals back after finding out that drilling was required...and on a manual, it was four holes each for the clutch and brake and three for the gas...for a total of 11. And given the extremely tight quarters down there...well, if you go for it, make sure your Patience Tank is full...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the UPR pedals on my car and the install took about 10 minutes, at most. What I like about the UPR pedals is that they overlay on your existing pedals, which allows you to maintain the rubber grip with the nice look of the billet.

Drilling is required, but as long as you are using a good drill (18v or corded you will be fine.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm not a small guy but the installation was a breeze. I put them on both cars. I didn't buy them from UPR direct but they are UPR parts. I think the pedals on the manual only have three holes (I'm driving the automatic today so I can't check - the brake pedal for it only has two) and the gas pedal only has one to drill. The bottom one is a little bracket that goes below the pedal and clamps to the back so you get a little longer pedal. The scaryest part for me was finding out the support for the gas pedal is plastic instead of metal. I hit it with the drill and it went through like a hot knife through butter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probaly decide on a set this week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do they make a set for automatics? I'm not sure if the brake pedal is the same size on auto vs. manual.

jq

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are two different sets, one for automatic and one for manual. The automatic set is about $10 less and can be purchased direct from upr or v6mustangstuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts