Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, i gave it a chance but i hate it. I just bought the Prochamber with cats for my 02 Gt and it made my car quieter than it was with just my magnapacks. What should i do? I dont even know whats wrong. I wanted LOUD, which is why i bought them.
Also, is it true that X-pipes give you more hp and are louder than H-pipes? Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
It' s the cats

MattKelley02GT said:
OK guys, i gave it a chance but i hate it. I just bought the Prochamber with cats for my 02 Gt and it made my car quieter than it was with just my magnapacks. What should i do? I dont even know whats wrong. I wanted LOUD, which is why i bought them.
Also, is it true that X-pipes give you more hp and are louder than H-pipes? Thanks
It's the cats Matt. I'm getting ready to put the o/r pro chamber on and I'm afraid of it being too loud.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
Yes the X pipe makes more hp but not to the point where youll notice it and im not sure if its louder than the H but it does have a higher pitched tone. And the cats will also lower how loud the sound is.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
If sheer volume is what you're looking for, swap over to Mac Flowpath mufflers with that Pro Chamber.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
If sheer volume is what you're looking for, swap over to Mac Flowpath mufflers with that Pro Chamber.
I don't know Blue, he's got magnapacks. Is the flowpath louder?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I just thought that whenever you buy an aftermarket exhaust it should be louder compared to a stock hpipe. Seriously 4 cats vs 2 cats and its still not as loud. I just dont get it. Everyone just told me that the off road Prochamber and packs sound like a race car and i didnt think that just cause it has cats it would be that much behind.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I didn't like the way the magnapacks sounded on mustangexhaust.com so I never got them. I have had Flowpaths on both of our 4.6L GT's and I love them. I can't speak for the sheer volume as compared to Magnapacks, but I can tell you that my ears say they are plenty loud.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I didn't like the way the magnapacks sounded on mustangexhaust.com so I never got them. I have had Flowpaths on both of our 4.6L GT's and I love them. I can't speak for the sheer volume as compared to Magnapacks, but I can tell you that my ears say they are plenty loud.
I understand the magnaflow is a straight through muffler rather than chambered. Have you hear magnaflows behind an off road mid pipe? If so how did it sound compared to the flowpath. I'm trying to get my exhaust squared away so I can get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I can't say that I have for sure. check out www.mustangexhaust.com just about any and every combination of exhaust has a clip on there. It's well worth spending some time there to get a good idea of what the combination you're looking for will sound.

·
Registered
75 Posts
prochamber

I have an 01 GT with the o/r prochamber and flowmaster 40 series muffs and I always get compliments on the way my car sounds, i was definetly louder from stock, delete the cats, meow

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK guys, well i think that my prochamber is lose on the driver side whre the mid pipe connects to the headers. There is like a grinding sound and i think its because it wont stay tight. The first time i tightened it, I cranked those bolts on as hard as i could. Then i checked 2 days later and they were pretty lose, so i tightened them again. Checked a third time and they were lost again so i had to re-tighten. How can i keep them tight? Should i put a washer with the bolt? PLEASE HELP on this. It just making an anoying grinding sound at about 1800rpms or in the lower rpms when i dont push the throttle in very much. thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had that same problem with my o/r prochamber on my 99GT. For some reason on mine it was always the passenger side fasterners coming lose. A set of lock washers cured the problem for me. About 3k miles with no more issues.

As for sound, cats are def the loudness killer
1: Stock exhaust with o/r prochamber = about 2-3 times louder than stock
2: Weld in 40 flow's with o/r prochamber = 6-7 times louder than stock (more than triple first combo)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've heard that the catted prochamber is almost like the stock pipe sound wise.I have a catted Magnaflow Tru X with my Magnapacks and it really woke it up.Sound's damn mean now.

I hate the sound clip's on mustangexhaust.com.They have had the same one's for years and alot of them are poor qaulity.

·
Registered
184 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
OK guys, well i think that my prochamber is lose on the driver side whre the mid pipe connects to the headers. There is like a grinding sound and i think its because it wont stay tight. The first time i tightened it, I cranked those bolts on as hard as i could. Then i checked 2 days later and they were pretty lose, so i tightened them again. Checked a third time and they were lost again so i had to re-tighten. How can i keep them tight? Should i put a washer with the bolt? PLEASE HELP on this. It just making an anoying grinding sound at about 1800rpms or in the lower rpms when i dont push the throttle in very much. thanks
I put the Prochambers on an 02 we had and had to change out the bolts. The stock bolts have a shoulder on them that only allows you to tighten them so far. We had a constant, noticeable exhaust leak. I dont remember the size of the bolt, but if you remove one and take it to a hardware store, you should be able to find one without the shoulder that will allow you to tighten it down and keep it that way. Once we replaced ours, it never came loose and cured the leak.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Go pick up another set of bolts for that flange and double nut it. I had to do that on our '03 that had the Prochamber and it worked like a champ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
MattKelley02GT said:
The cheapest best sounding exhaust is still open. And everyone that says taking off ur mufflers will lose you power, nope!! I dyno tested my 2000 GT, and picked up almost 15hp up top and 13tq, you cant beat it, and it sounds so f'in racy.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Dude I'm gonna disagree, it doesn't sound good. It sounds horrible, yeah it sounds like a race car, but that's not what most people are lookin for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.