Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to attempt to brighten the engine compartment. The problem is the engine and all of the rest of the goods are there in the way. I decided to use an airbrush. I wanted to use a urethane base the same color as the car but am confused as to what clear to put over it. I would prefer to use a one part clear just for ease of use. Can a laquer clear be put over a urethane base color???????????

·
Registered
514 Posts
i used a air brush on my engine bay and i just used enamal with a wet look hardener it looks awsome!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you've peaked my curiosity. What kind of enamel did you use and what is a wet look hardner. Please explain.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
yankcollector said:
I would like to attempt to brighten the engine compartment. The problem is the engine and all of the rest of the goods are there in the way. I decided to use an airbrush. I wanted to use a urethane base the same color as the car but am confused as to what clear to put over it. I would prefer to use a one part clear just for ease of use. Can a laquer clear be put over a urethane base color???????????
laquer will not stick to urethane basecoats! it will stay on for awhile...acutally under the hood may be ok but I wouldnt do it...the uv rays from the sun will lossen the laquer clear from urethane basecoat in no time on the exterior I know 2 part clears are a pain..but its worth it. what is it you are goin to paint?? laquer clear will not stand high heat at all.. yellows :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.