Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i have just buyed a 4.10 rear gear kit for my 2006 ford mustang V6 with automatic transmission...i take the complete rings sets too...but now i am not able to reinstall the gears,because i can't put inside the new ring..it make contrast with something..there is other stuff to change when you put the 4.10 gears inside a 7,5" rear end??thanks a lot

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
What's the Motive part number? Sure it isn't a 8.8 gear set? I've installed Motive 4.10s in a 7.5 in the past.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have 4.10's in my 7.5 rearend, I bought the complete set and took it to a shop, and they had to modify it slightly by sanding a piece down for it to fit, I can't rem. If it was the ring or the pinion that they did

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
if your talking about the ring gear not going onto the differential, its very snug. use a wet stone to remove any burrs on the back of the ring gear and the mating surface on the differential, make sure its real clean, then use the old ring gear bolts, get them started then tighten a little at a time in a criss cross pattern to seat the ring gear onto the differential. then replace them with the new bolts, use the lock tite, and torque them to specks.

i`m guessing you also bought the t lok differential? you need the install kit too with the new bearings and parts. you will need to press new carrier bearings onto the t lok, and new bearing onto the pinion gear also.

you might want to have someone do the install for you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i`m guessing you also bought the t lok differential? you need the install kit too with the new bearings and parts. you will need to press new carrier bearings onto the t lok, and new bearing onto the pinion gear also.

you might want to have someone do the install for you.
AMR is right. Also if you did not purchase the T Lok differential, the new motive gears will require you to modify the factory differential. Professional install would be a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts