Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I have to remove in order to pull my injectors?

and what should I use to clean them? (what chemicals, brake cleaner??:scratchchin)

I'm running really lean and ahve 30#ers and Adj FPR all the way up 60+psi.

Plugs are white and a backfire under a load (not WOT, may 1/3 - 2/3 throttle)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
did u try lucas FI cleaner inthe tank?? The upper intake comes off and probably where the TB attaches to air intake...u may be able to slide by by not needing to detatch the tb from upper intake...then off come the fuel rails where they attach to lower intake...wont have to take apart the gas lines to fuel rails...just move the rails out of the way..injectors are then free to come out...make sure O rings are good on the fi's and use a bit of oil on those o rings when puttin them back in.

R

·
0 Posts
sounds like the timing is off

check the o2's

clean the MAF

what is the gap om the plugs.....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used cleaner in the gas twice, and no go. Getting CRAP milage, like 10mpg:shocked:

Gap is 0.040
MAF is sparkling clean
o2's are in decent shape.
Timing is probably a bit off...

Gap was 0.050 before.

Like I said, FPR is all the way up, 60+psi is what its at right now...

I know thats high but its running better like that.

I probably just have dirty injectors, cause I messed with Timing, TPS and all of that good stuff...still don't have NEARLY the power it should. I think I'm 65% there. Get this fixed then dyno

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Walbro 255 lph

new Fram filter.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha...I seen that reg:hihi:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:gringreen

So what are your thoughts....?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
two rear passenger side...those two seem okay, the had black with some brown. The other six were WHITE

R

·
0 Posts
clean the injectors & re-gap/clean your plugs

and set the timing you should be ok.....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so how do I clean the injectors? Can I do it myself?

I was thinking like brake cleaner or Carb spray....something like that. Then blow some shop air through them.

how does that sound?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
You can try blowing shop air through them, but the injectors are closed( or should be) when no power is present. The most you can do is with out disassembling the injectors is clean the filter screen on the top of the injector and make sure the spray nozzle's are clean and not partially clogged. I had a link to rebuild( sort of) injectors,Ill have to try and find it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats a lot of work.....

I talked to my mechanic and he said he could clean them for about $110, I think its one of the on vehicle cleaning systems. I’m wondering if I should just do that right now…:headscratch:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.