Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer just got in a used 2005 GT. It's a 5 speed, torch red, Shaker 1000, side air bags, IUP, ICAP, optional 17" rims (IMHO I don't like them), anit-theft, wheel locks.... in other words it's loaded and with the exception of the rims almost exactly what I would order. What can I say, I'm a bullit fan.

It has just shy of 5,500 miles on it and they are asking the unbelievable price of $32,500. Is that what these things are really going for used?? That's more then it was new!! The dealer called me again this morning to ask if that car would work for me. I said no way at that price so I'm going to make an apointment to order a 06 tonight. I can't find anything on KBB or NADA to suggest what a used 05 Mustang market value is. I know they are going to try and push that car on me again tonight and I figured I would toss out a number to see if they bite.

So, what is the current market value for that car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
This is tough.....i would want to buy around $26,000,.....but i doubt they will go for that.... Good Luck. :happyhapp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,243 Posts
for what it is worth

For what it is worth, expect the resale value, especially at a dealer, to be higher than what you would expect. First, the demand for this car exceeded supply sometime ago. The demand for the '05 was so great that for a lengthy time, the '03-'04 resale prices were rising. Also, in the eyes of the dealer, a car that could be nearly a year old, depending on when it was bought, with only 5500 miles on it, is a premium used car. Remember, in many places accross the county, the new Mustangs are going for as much as $14,000 over MSRP. When I bought my new '05 GT Vert, according to Kelley Blue Book, the new car blue book value was over $1500 over MSRP. So it is not unlikely that dealers are going to ask for the maximum amount. Just note, I use to work in car sales, and most dealers have a minimum of $3000 markup in a used car. That means whatever they purchased the car for plus whatever money they put into to make is saleable, they then add $3000+ to the price. So if the dealer is really looking ot make a deal, you should be able to shave at $3000 of the price. But personally speaking, if you can wait for the order, just get the '06 and be the first owner.:winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
For that price, you are better off ordering a new '06 one or searching nearby dealerships to see what they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of just tossing out $25,000 and then judge their reaction if anything close would be possible. I'm not in a hurry to buy, I can wait. If they shuffle their feet then I'll just say lets order.

hogpowr said:
This is tough.....i would want to buy around $26,000,.....but i doubt they will go for that.... Good Luck. :happyhapp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
It may be a repo and they are trying to recover lost finance charges. Make him an offer - all he can say is no. BTW - what's ICAP?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess the dealer also called my wife today...or she called him I don't know. Anyway he told her they bought it from auction.

ICAP = Interior Color Accent Package. It's the red accents.

2horseowner said:
It may be a repo and they are trying to recover lost finance charges. Make him an offer - all he can say is no. BTW - what's ICAP?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,003 Posts
ICAP = Interior Color Accent Package, the red crimson leather...

Insist on priority 10 or better if you order... was just reading here an was thinking (being the devils advocat I am) that they might say 'oh well, this one is not good enough, well let's see what he says in six months, priority 99, he he! :evillol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
I seen a `05 vert GT in the auto shopper with 2,000 miles and they were asking $35,000$:eyebulge: ! and a GT for $30,000$ :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Anybody have a idea what a Black 05 Gt,charcol interior, shaker 500, interior upgrade package, side airbags, automatic, with 15k could sell for, just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
They ask $27/26....... Reality, maybe $23/24 K.........
Jeff :sterb:

Sorry, but if the truth hurts I am in pain........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Saw 2 05 GT's at a dealer a few weeks ago,both with around 5000 miles on them and they were asking $35000 for them both.Crazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Try Ebay- Saw a couple of 05' GT's that were going for around 23-27K with low miles. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one near you:eyepoppin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Fleg said:
My local dealer just got in a used 2005 GT. It's a 5 speed, torch red, Shaker 1000, side air bags, IUP, ICAP, optional 17" rims (IMHO I don't like them), anit-theft, wheel locks.... in other words it's loaded and with the exception of the rims almost exactly what I would order. What can I say, I'm a bullit fan.

It has just shy of 5,500 miles on it and they are asking the unbelievable price of $32,500. Is that what these things are really going for used?? That's more then it was new!! The dealer called me again this morning to ask if that car would work for me. I said no way at that price so I'm going to make an apointment to order a 06 tonight. I can't find anything on KBB or NADA to suggest what a used 05 Mustang market value is. I know they are going to try and push that car on me again tonight and I figured I would toss out a number to see if they bite.

So, what is the current market value for that car?
Looks like the going price is 23k - 26k for a used GT on Ebay. The spread reflects mileage, ie., the one for 23 k had 11,000 miles on it and the others 5 -6000 miles.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top