Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, could buying a used C&L upper intake plenum cause any problems? Could i get warped or anything from heat or could there be damage that would affect performance that is not visible. It looks fine! Thanks

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I highly doubt that there is enough heat in that area of the intake to warp a piece of solid cast metal. Check it over for broken off or cracked bolt seating surfaces and debris in the bore of the plenum. If that checks out then it should be perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Probably help to explain the problems you're experiencing and let us know if the plenum was a recent install, and if the problems began after you installed it or something else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've heard of the coating on the C&L crack from heat but never heard of ones functionality being compromised from heat. It's probably fine. Are you having problems and asseming it's the plenum? More info please

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have been more clear. I have not installed the plenum yet. Just didn't want to buy something that could be easily damaged....thank you. I did end up buying

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Congrats. It's an easy install, can be done in 45 minutes or less if you have the right hand tools and a power screwdriver with appropriate bits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.