Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it one or two belt to replace? I found one from NAPA that's fan and alt. and one from Autozone that's fan, alt, and power steering.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I need the one for PS, Alt, and fan. What's the other one?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
They sometimes used twin belts, side by side. My A/C car uses a twin fan and alt belt without power steering. The setup used a single A/C belt so don't ask me to explain, they just did it. Engineering-wise its not a terribly bright idea since one belt will almost always be tighter than the other so it will take most all of the load.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll go take a look at it in a bit. I leave my car at my pop's house, while I live 4 houses down from him. Doesn't the smog pump run on a belt?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, yes it does - I think. But only you CA guys have a smog pump. The rest of us only read about them. :)

I am pretty sure that when Veronica mentioned two belts she meant two, twin belts side by side.

Just saw it today. There are 3 belts, which one is the smog. I was told today instead of just buying the belts now, wait until the shop takes them off and take them with me to match them up with the new ones.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again. :) I seem to recall your car being a 66. If that is correct, and you have the smog pump, then, you should have a three groove crank pulley and water pump pulley. One belt goes on the alternator, water pump and crank, one belt goes on the power steering pump, water pump and crank, and one belt is the smog pump, water pum and crank. :)
:doh: I see that it says that you are asking about a 66 above your first post. :D

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again. :) I seem to recall your car being a 66. If that is correct, and you have the smog pump, then, you should have a three groove crank pulley and water pump pulley. One belt goes on the alternator, water pump and crank, one belt goes on the power steering pump, water pump and crank, and one belt is the smog pump, water pum and crank. :)
:doh: I see that it says that you are asking about a 66 above your first post. :D

What is it, 1030 in Texas? I know it's kind of late and can see how you didn't see my year at first. hehe I still bow down to you for being really good with Mustangs and helping me out, especially my first project which was my door latch issue. :worship

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.