Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
anybody have any info on the JBA true dual exhaust kit?.....i can't seem to find anyone in these forums that has that kit. i only found info and sound slips of the JBA dual y-pipe (which i like from what i'm able to hear through my pc speakers). I'm really hoping the TRUE DUALS sound as good or better than the y-pipe duals (love that powerful mellow growl sound!). Magnaflows sound good but they start sounding more like a V6 import (i.e. 350Z) than an american muscle car. thats just my opinion but we all have our own tastes and that's whats great about the different brands. Something different for everybody. Any feedback on the JBA TRUE DUALS would be awesome!

2006 V6 4.0L | AEM BRUTE FORCE CAI | BLACK | CHICK MAGNET

well getting feedback on this topic has been quite a struggle. i contacted JBA myself for some sound clips and whether or not the the kit will work on the 2006 V6. the rep stated that the kit will fit the '06 and that it sounds almost identical to the split dual exhaust (y-pipe i'm assuming). so now i at least have somewhat of an idea of what it sounds like since there are sound clips floating around of the y-pipe dual but i would still love to hear the true dual if anyone has any audio clips.

I just put my wife's '05 V6 on the jackstands ... way up in the air ... stands are sitting atop 8" wood blocks. Will start the JBA install with crosspipe tomorrow. I like the idea mentioned above about using an OEM and a JBA muffler hanger on each side ... sounds like it would make 'em more equal. Thanx for the idea/suggestion!

I have my own MIG welder, and I'm hoping there's sufficient room to weld up all the joints without breaking out the magnetic mirror. Did any of you have to weld the crosspipe stubs together, too? Or was the stainless steel wide-band strap good enough at that location?

Well, got 'em installed. First, I'm glad to find that they're not all that loud ... not much louder than stock when idling, with a nice mellow low rumble ... and it's not a loud roar when accelerating, either.

I had no leaks at all with the JBA clamps. After final adjustment of the pipes and mufflers, and after the initial tightening of the clamps, I started her up & let her warm up completely. After letting everything cool back down, I crawled back underneath to tighten the clamps one last time. Then I used a MIG machine to tackweld the connections as suggested in the instructions. While I can weld pretty good, I'll pay a muffler shop to weld them up completely ... if they ever leak ... those boys are much better than me when welding in overhead tight quarters. The clamps seem to be making good seals, but the tackwelds will keep those joints from flexing and working loose ... leaking.

I only have two complaints: (1) the smaller JBA clamps would not fit onto the forward end of the system, and I had to use generic muffler clamps, and (2) the H-pipe arrangement could've been better designed ... I'd have a lot more warm fuzzies if it was a flanged connection versus that wide-band clamp. Again, if it leaks later, I'll split an exhaust tube coupling, clamp it around the H-pipe stubs, and weld it up.

If I think about it, I'll post a follow-up after a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just got these babies installed, and they sound pretty good. However I think it's too loud for my taste but most people may like it. Bumper cover cutout was a breeze without the template. Used the JBA hangers for the front hangers on both sides, instead JBA's setup using their hangers for the drivers side muffler. I think I picked this up for around $550 shipped. Would be willing to give it up however for a more mellow setup such as GT takeoffs w/y-pipe.

I almost forgot, I got my 2006 on Sept 15. Tungsten Grey, IUP, Auto, Spoiler, Dark Charcoal Cloth, Pioneer MP3 and matching speakers, Eibach Sportline springs :worship , JBA True Duals w/H-pipe. No pics yet, sorry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
cool

thanks for the reply.....mine are on their way and cant wait for them.......i hear you on the loud part but hopefully they not too loud for me.....im hoping for a mellow smooth growl at idle and only a loud growl when i rev high. who installed ur exhaust?.....if u did, was it difficult?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I install everything, just can't see someone walking off with my $$ lol
A little tip for ya, if you don't have access to a garage, you'll have to jack the rear way up to get the axle over pipes in. I cut my factory pipe close to the first bend so no problem there. Also consider welding up your final adjustment, the clamps leak like crazy. I went the cheap route, with aluminum tape and fiberglass mat. Got all that from Wal-Mart.
I think I finally got all the leaks stopped. I also took everything out of the trunk and sprayed undercoating all around and plan on under the car as well. Perhaps the rear seat delete I fabbed has something to do with the loud drone inside. :shrug
Also, my tips stick out a bit farther than I am used to. Nice if you wanna show the tips off however. Get alot of compliments though! :thumbsup

2006 Mustang V6 Sept 15. Tungsten Grey, IUP, Auto, Spoiler, Dark Charcoal Cloth, Tint, Pioneer MP3 and matching speakers, Eibach Sportline springs :worship JBA True Duals w/H-pipe. SCT X-Cal 2 No pics yet, sorry.

Future mods: Adj. panhard bar, Camber plates, CAI, Underdrive pulleys, 18" Black Chrome Bullitt wheels, Billet grill, Computer w/indash LCD, possible cams/springs, SC

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
buschris said:
I install everything, just can't see someone walking off with my $$ lol
A little tip for ya, if you don't have access to a garage, you'll have to jack the rear way up to get the axle over pipes in. I cut my factory pipe close to the first bend so no problem there. Also consider welding up your final adjustment, the clamps leak like crazy. I went the cheap route, with aluminum tape and fiberglass mat. Got all that from Wal-Mart.
I think I finally got all the leaks stopped. I also took everything out of the trunk and sprayed undercoating all around and plan on under the car as well. Perhaps the rear seat delete I fabbed has something to do with the loud drone inside. :shrug
Also, my tips stick out a bit farther than I am used to. Nice if you wanna show the tips off however. Get alot of compliments though! :thumbsup

2006 Mustang V6 Sept 15. Tungsten Grey, IUP, Auto, Spoiler, Dark Charcoal Cloth, Tint, Pioneer MP3 and matching speakers, Eibach Sportline springs :worship JBA True Duals w/H-pipe. SCT X-Cal 2 No pics yet, sorry.

Future mods: Adj. panhard bar, Camber plates, CAI, Underdrive pulleys, 18" Black Chrome Bullitt wheels, Billet grill, Computer w/indash LCD, possible cams/springs, SC
Sounds nice... Can you post some pics of your new exhaust setup?

·
Registered
95 Posts
well, i finally have some pics and even a couple of avi files of my exhaust. once i figure out how to get them up i will post. wow , never knew it looked so good! check out my gallery.

None of my clamps fit, not even the band clamp. I agree the H should have been handled differently. I have GT takeoffs in the rear now, man what a diff. in sound

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it's been a couple hundred miles so far, and not one single problem with the duals. No leaks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have jba headers and y-pipe duals. Sounds great! But, I asked jba about the possibility of switching them over to the h-pipe version... this was their reply...

[Hamid,
Don't worry about it. The Performance and sound are identical.....just a slightly different design.]

If you'd like to hear what they sound like, here's a couple viddies I made testing out my new Auburn limited slip... still, they make for good exhaust clips.

2006 V6 Mustang Exhaust Few Revs and a Take-Off Audio File

2005 V6 Mustang Power Braking and Take-Off Audio File

http://www.transcendingtouch.com/mustang/mustang1.mp4

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, those sound fantastic. I've been looking for a muffler solution for my 2006 V6 and I really like these. As someone said before, they don't have that "import" racer sound to them.

One question that I've always had though... here in Orange County, CA, cops can be kind of a nuisance when it comes to modified exhausts. Are exhaust mods legal or can will I always have to worry about getting cited?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks!

I have no idea what the laws are in your area... but the jba's aren't terribly loud... very aggressive when you stomp on it, but never too loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts