Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang V6 this is my first car. I only owned motorcycles pretty much so ill be on here a lot lol. I want to change my transmission since its going bad, and i haven't had the best of luck finding any in my area. But, i came across this add on craigslist this guy has a 1999 Ford GT now since its a GT would the transmission be compatible with my V6? If not can anyone post what years would?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Completely different bellhousing built into the case for the V6 and V8. You need a V6 trans from 99-04. The speedo sensor output was different on the 94-98 V6.

G

·
Completely different bellhousing built into the case for the V6 and V8. You need a V6 trans from 99-04. The speedo sensor output was different on the 94-98 V6.
+1

94-04 V6 trans use a Windsor bolt pattern a la 302 V8s. 96-04 V8 use a Modular bolt pattern.
The transmissions may be the same, 4R70W, but they bolt up completely different.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Check out LKQ they have a bunch of used auto parts that are suppose to be certified to work, also try mpsautosalvage.com, the have a bunch of parts from wrecked mustangs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts