Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am buying my 3rd v6 stang but this will be the first i am looking to upgrade i was wondering what would be the most efficient upgrades to choose considering i have about 1 to 2 k to start with.any help would be appreciated. If u can please tell me why u recommend the ones you do. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
well if you're looking to spend your money efficiently, id advise going for a set of gears and limited slip differential.. itll feel like a whole new car.. downside is you lose a couple mpg if you do a ton of highway driving.. but if you do city driving or fairly low speed driving all the time, you can get a couple more mpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
First thing I did was get a decent CAI. From there, I got a screamin demon coil, plugs and wires, Bama tuner, and short throw shifter. I agree, the next thing I wanna do is get a new set of gears. With the Bama, the car came alive. But that's just my opinion. And this is my second V6. Best of luck to you and your new 6.

R

·
0 Posts
First thing I did was get a decent CAI. From there, I got a screamin demon coil, plugs and wires, Bama tuner, and short throw shifter. I agree, the next thing I wanna do is get a new set of gears. With the Bama, the car came alive. But that's just my opinion. And this is my second V6. Best of luck to you and your new 6.
CAI, coil/wires are nothing but paperweights. Especially the SD coil. They are known to cause major problems. There is a reason why the guys who build 500hp+ V6s use the stock coil.
Gears and a T-Lok is where you feel a performance increase.

·
Registered
252 Posts
for 1k to 2k first get gears and traction lock ( v6 have open diff meaning one wheeled acceleration) then invest in a cai and tuner u'll be happy with that set up then go to exhaust and suspension after that unless ur looking to make this car of yours a crazy hp monster
Stack Racing Cold Air Intake and SF3 Tuner (99-03 Mustang V6) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!
Motive Performance Plus 3.73 Gears (99-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Motive Performance Plus 4.10 Gears (99-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
gears help get you through ur rmps faster(3.73 for manual and 4.10 for auto) and tlock makes both rear wheels sping
that should help

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Canned tunes suck, either rich or lean better hope its rich, or you get some popcorn in your engine as shiner says Lol

Hey red I'm going to make a video like that with the new upgrades once I get a new cam gear and cam sync, it accels fast as heck with the big ol rims on the top end, the track was a blast even though I only got to make one run and spun!!

I'm switching back to my factory coil when I get back home, whenever that may be :laugh:

Basics: gears if your driving allows, CAI for a nice sound and a smooth air flow (not to mention you can use it to adapt a Windstar intake to your car), a Windstar intake is cheap if you do it right, a nice muffler or maybe a dual conversion with dumps at axle and a nice pair of mufflers, there are many things that can fit in your budget if you plan it out right, think now buy later :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hey red, was that six an auto or a 5 speed? cause with tune, CAI, and true duals i spun up to 6.5k rpm and was already at 55 before i felt a shift,

As everyone says gears are nice, i wish i had done gears on my car, then CAI maybe Throttle body, and a nice tune to finish, exhaust is also nice and can be cheep if you do it custom at a shop

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Hey red, was that six an auto or a 5 speed? cause with tune, CAI, and true duals i spun up to 6.5k rpm and was already at 55 before i felt a shift,

As everyone says gears are nice, i wish i had done gears on my car, then CAI maybe Throttle body, and a nice tune to finish, exhaust is also nice and can be cheep if you do it custom at a shop
It's a manual with 3.73's......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts