Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My g/f has a 2005 Mustang 4.0 Convertible with a tan colored top. The top looks dirty and also has what appears to be small mildew spots. We have tried the Blue Magic Convertible top cleaner and it had no affect upon the spots or the overall appearance of the top. I should note, I told her NOT to go with the tan top and instead go with a black top, however, she chose to go the tan route.

Does anyone have a reliable method to clean up this top, short of replacement or just living with it... LOL.

Any information that can be provided will be most assuredly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a product called RaggTopp cleaner and then the protectant.You will need a stiff brush to get it really clean.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wolfsteins RaggTopp products have a great reputation. They're available through Amazon. A friend bought an '04 with a tan top that had similar problems. He was having trouble getting it clean too. He used RaggTopp's cleaner at the recommendation of a professional detailer. The top looks nearly show room new.

My black cloth top is still clean since the car spends too much time under cover in the garage but I'll use their products after seeing the results first hand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the replies and the information on Wolfsteins Ragg Top cleaner.... I will get some and I am sure that once the top is looking good, the woman will be very happy:smilie

It is really great the wonderful people who are on this site... thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.