Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new V6 convertible a few days ago. When I put the top down, there is about a 3" gap from the back of the seat to the front edge of the top. Seems to me a lot of wind would get in there and cause damage.

Isn't this supposed to go down flush?? Anyone have any pics showing this closed fully?

I don't want to force the issue and burn up the motor. I have to take it back next for another issue and if this isn't closing all the way, will have them fix it. The manual is really no help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Opps. Nevermind. Found a bunch of convertible pics in another thread and it looks like thats the way it is. Doesn't close flush on the front.

·
Registered
394 Posts
gmace said:
Just picked up a new V6 convertible a few days ago. When I put the top down, there is about a 3" gap from the back of the seat to the front edge of the top. Seems to me a lot of wind would get in there and cause damage.

Isn't this supposed to go down flush?? Anyone have any pics showing this closed fully?

I don't want to force the issue and burn up the motor. I have to take it back next for another issue and if this isn't closing all the way, will have them fix it. The manual is really no help.

Thanks.
Yep, that's the way it is. However, get the tonneau cover for it and it looks a lot better. I had the dealer throw it in for free if he wanted to sell the car; since they wanted $110 for it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Yep, that's the way it is. However, get the tonneau cover for it and it looks a lot better. I had the dealer throw it in for free if he wanted to sell the car; since they wanted $110 for it.
WOW! A tonneau cover for only $110.00!! WOW! Has fiberglass work gotten that cheap? :laughlitt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
394 Posts
2k5GTC said:
WOW! A tonneau cover for only $110.00!! WOW! Has fiberglass work gotten that cheap? :laughlitt :rolleyes:
:sterb: The cloth "parade cover" or whatever it's called, jackass! :winks I was wondering what to call that thing when I posted. So, Einstein, what is the "official" name of the boot cover for the convertible?

·
Registered
816 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
:sterb: The cloth "parade cover" or whatever it's called, jackass! :winks I was wondering what to call that thing when I posted. So, Einstein, what is the "official" name of the boot cover for the convertible?
Um. Er. Uhh. Cover, Convertible Top Boot. P/N 7654400-AA. I think. :happyhapp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts