Ford Mustang Forum banner

V6 Convertible Closure

956 6
Just picked up a new V6 convertible a few days ago. When I put the top down, there is about a 3" gap from the back of the seat to the front edge of the top. Seems to me a lot of wind would get in there and cause damage.

Isn't this supposed to go down flush?? Anyone have any pics showing this closed fully?

I don't want to force the issue and burn up the motor. I have to take it back next for another issue and if this isn't closing all the way, will have them fix it. The manual is really no help.

Thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Opps. Nevermind. Found a bunch of convertible pics in another thread and it looks like thats the way it is. Doesn't close flush on the front.
Glad our pics helped. :rolleyes: :wavey
Yep, that's the way it is. However, get the tonneau cover for it and it looks a lot better. I had the dealer throw it in for free if he wanted to sell the car; since they wanted $110 for it.
gmace said:
Just picked up a new V6 convertible a few days ago. When I put the top down, there is about a 3" gap from the back of the seat to the front edge of the top. Seems to me a lot of wind would get in there and cause damage.

Isn't this supposed to go down flush?? Anyone have any pics showing this closed fully?

I don't want to force the issue and burn up the motor. I have to take it back next for another issue and if this isn't closing all the way, will have them fix it. The manual is really no help.

Thanks.
WOW! A tonneau cover for only $110.00!! WOW! Has fiberglass work gotten that cheap? :laughlitt :rolleyes:
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Yep, that's the way it is. However, get the tonneau cover for it and it looks a lot better. I had the dealer throw it in for free if he wanted to sell the car; since they wanted $110 for it.
:sterb: The cloth "parade cover" or whatever it's called, jackass! :winks I was wondering what to call that thing when I posted. So, Einstein, what is the "official" name of the boot cover for the convertible?
2k5GTC said:
WOW! A tonneau cover for only $110.00!! WOW! Has fiberglass work gotten that cheap? :laughlitt :rolleyes:
Um. Er. Uhh. Cover, Convertible Top Boot. P/N 7654400-AA. I think. :happyhapp
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
:sterb: The cloth "parade cover" or whatever it's called, jackass! :winks I was wondering what to call that thing when I posted. So, Einstein, what is the "official" name of the boot cover for the convertible?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.