Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too start off, The only exhaust work I have ever done is putting a header on a little honda and it was bolt on. With that being said, I'm trying to convert my v6 exhaust into a true duel exhaust. I have done a little research and these items are what I want, the review s say the h pipe fits the long tube headers just fine, but I feel like I'm missing pipe in between the h pipe and the axel back what else am I going to need to have everything to install all this?

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Looks like you're going to need some pipes that run from the JBA h-pipe to all the way back to the Borla exhausts. Contact a custom muffler/ exhaust place in your area and see if they'd be able to custom fab up an h-pipe system from your headers to the exhaust.....it may just be cheaper all around than getting that JBA h-pipe area, just to have to custom fab up another pipe that runs all the way to the back of your car.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
You need the left hand pipe that goes from the H-pipe to the left axle back.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Too start off, The only exhaust work I have ever done is putting a header on a little honda and it was bolt on. With that being said, I'm trying to convert my v6 exhaust into a true duel exhaust. I have done a little research and these items are what I want, the review s say the h pipe fits the long tube headers just fine, but I feel like I'm missing pipe in between the h pipe and the axel back what else am I going to need to have everything to install all this?
If all you want are duals, catback system, you can use your existing pipe on the passenger side; buy a GT midpipe and hangers for the driver side and a couple of used GT mufflers (can be found for around $50 on eBay or Craigslist) Have a local muffler shop fabricate the H-pipe and install it all for you, maybe $50 -$75 total and you are in business. All you have to do is cut (use a CD as a template) a cut out for the left pipe to match the right. I think the GT mufflers sound better than any aftermarket out there but you can use any muffler as the principle is the same. Good Luck! This should work on any 2005-2007 Mustang.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree with the post above. The GT mufflers are the best sounding exhaust for our V6's just about every other one is pretty ricy in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts