Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...I recently bought a 2001 V6. You can take a look here...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2083422....

Anyways, I wanna put exhuast on it. I want the added power and a deeper sound. I saw a couple posts on here that putting dual exhuast will sound "funny." I definately don't want that. Anyone got tips on how to make my car sound the best?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
RKelly2121 said:
Hey everyone...I recently bought a 2001 V6. You can take a look here...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2083422....

Anyways, I wanna put exhuast on it. I want the added power and a deeper sound. I saw a couple posts on here that putting dual exhuast will sound "funny." I definately don't want that. Anyone got tips on how to make my car sound the best?
That's from the Mustang Taliban, who cares what they think!

Sound is a matter of personal taste, and some folks will tell you anything other than glass packs sound "funny!!" true story.

Anyway, you can go to Mustangexhaust.com and listen to some sound clips.

Most folks here fall into 3 camps, Magnaflow, Bassani, and Flowmaster.

Bassani claims the best power, with SpinTech a close second, the rest are all about the same performance-wise.

Ask the manufacturers for some clips, and pick which you like best .. .

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Most cost effective are GT takeoffs . ..

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
RKelly2121 said:
Ok, thank you for your help. So its pretty much up to preference....and you don't think a V6 sounds "weird" with dual? I heard somebody say that getting an "x pipe" would help. Im not even sure what that is, but what do you think?
it's a pipe shaped like an x that equalizes exhaust gases after the exhaust manifolds or headers.

The biggest factor in sound quality is the muffler(s). You really have to listen hard at WOT to tell any difference between an H- or X-pipe. And even then, only if the muffler is basically non-existent (like a Supertrapp with the restrictors all removed, or the smallest flowmaster . ..

It's mythology.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.