Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
The description on the Pony Package Grille is making wonder if the $379 kit comes with the wiring harness and switch. Those are not listed in the description. If you have to buy those at $179 on top of the $379, it ends up not being a good price at all. If it's all included for $379, that runs in line with what's been on evil bay for months. I'll try to get ahold of them and find out for sure.

I really want the pony grille! I'm not trying to look like a fake GT...so the pony package is great for me. Personally, I don't like the HUGE extra headlights (yeah, I know "fog lights/driving lights") of the GT anyway. I do want some smaller driving/fog lights though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The West coast Part does come with the switch and the harness.

This is the NEW 06 Pony Package Grille for your 05 and 06 V6 Mustang. Comes with the Pony Package Grille and Foglights, GT/Pony Package Headlight Switch, Our Customer 50 State Legal Wiring Harness. This kit can be installed in about 20 to 30 minutes. Our wiring harness allows these lights to operate as stock in your 05 mustang, Legally in all 50 States. Foglights shut off when high beams are actived, foglights automatically shut off if left on.

·
Registered
465 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
The description on the Pony Package Grille is making wonder if the $379 kit comes with the wiring harness and switch. Those are not listed in the description. If you have to buy those at $179 on top of the $379, it ends up not being a good price at all. If it's all included for $379, that runs in line with what's been on evil bay for months. I'll try to get ahold of them and find out for sure.

I really want the pony grille! I'm not trying to look like a fake GT...so the pony package is great for me. Personally, I don't like the HUGE extra headlights (yeah, I know "fog lights/driving lights") of the GT anyway. I do want some smaller driving/fog lights though.
The Pony Package Grill from WCP comes with everything you need, harness, switch and installation video. I bought one and had it installed in about an hour using a few ordinary hand tools. BTW, all the parts are FOMOCO.

·
Registered
394 Posts
rgensemer,

Those holes in the new grill look HUGE in that picture. How do they look from a ways back? Could you post a picture of your front end from farther back? I like the way the grill looks, but would probably have to paint everything behind it black if it stands out too much. Of course your Sreamin' Yellow will stand out more than my Sonic Blue; so I may not have to paint.

·
Registered
465 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
rgensemer,

Those holes in the new grill look HUGE in that picture. How do they look from a ways back? Could you post a picture of your front end from farther back? I like the way the grill looks, but would probably have to paint everything behind it black if it stands out too much. Of course your Sreamin' Yellow will stand out more than my Sonic Blue; so I may not have to paint.
The honeycomb is larger than the 05, but from a distance you don't see the yellow. The first one you see yellow because of the up close flash. Here is another from further back.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the pic from farther back. You're right, you can't see the yellow. I hate to ask, but can you see if from a lower angle, kind of straight on? Anyway, I can't wait to get this mod for mine!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, be prepared to wait, even after you order it. I ordered mine over two weeks ago and still dont even have any shipping info on it yet. When I try to call WCP, all I get is VM and dont get called back.

·
Registered
465 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Thanks for the pic from farther back. You're right, you can't see the yellow. I hate to ask, but can you see if from a lower angle, kind of straight on? Anyway, I can't wait to get this mod for mine!
Killer,
When it stops raining I'll take another from straight on and post with a reply.

·
Registered
465 Posts
new stang owner said:
Well, be prepared to wait, even after you order it. I ordered mine over two weeks ago and still dont even have any shipping info on it yet. When I try to call WCP, all I get is VM and dont get called back.
It took me about 10 days to receive mine. They ship priority and I got it on a Saturday morning. Have you tried to email Charlie? He was always very responsive. When I called him, he always returned message. I do know that for awhile they were behind on harnesses, and maybe that is what happened.

·
Registered
172 Posts
rgensemer said:
It took me about 10 days to receive mine. They ship priority and I got it on a Saturday morning. Have you tried to email Charlie? He was always very responsive. When I called him, he always returned message. I do know that for awhile they were behind on harnesses, and maybe that is what happened.
Yep. twice. No response. I finally got through to some woman today and she said it would go out this week, and that I would have it Saurday. Over 3 weeks from time of order.

·
Registered
465 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
OK Killer, it stopped raining, so here you go!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for taking all the photos, rgensemer. I'm thinking I may not paint after all if the yellow doesn't show through then no way is the sonic blue.

WoMBaT

·
Registered
465 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Looks great! Thanks for taking all the photos, rgensemer. I'm thinking I may not paint after all if the yellow doesn't show through then no way is the sonic blue.

WoMBaT
You are welcome. I don't think you will have an issue, especially with the darker color. You really have to view from a certain angle that most would never see anyhow. Good luck!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, boys, mine arrived today, and I can confirm that the switch and wire harnes does indeed come with the kit. I will post pics when I install it on my sonic blue, but it may be a while. I am storing it until the snow disappears.

Wombat, I will PM you pics directly.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Alrighty NewStangOwner! Thanks, i'll be looking for them since we have the same color. So many mods...so little money.:rolleyes: This grill and the SCT X-CAL2 are about the same price....now if I can just decide which one to get past the tool wench (that's wife for all you single guys) without a nuclear detonation.:sterb:

·
Registered
415 Posts
new stang owner said:
They don't answer e-mails either. But I noticed they didn't waste anytime processing the charge against my credit card. As much as I would like to have the grille and fog lights, I might cancel my order and spend my money with someone that cares. But I guess it's probably impossibe to cancel because you can't get in touch with them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
dtwwest said:
They don't answer e-mails either. But I noticed they didn't waste anytime processing the charge against my credit card. As much as I would like to have the grille and fog lights, I might cancel my order and spend my money with someone that cares. But I guess it's probably impossibe to cancel because you can't get in touch with them.
They made things right by me. In total, I had my grill in 21 days. I really dont know why I was so impatient since I wasnt putting it on right away, I just wanted it. Now it sits in its box, right next to some other appearance mods that I am going to when the weather is better. Going to had a "mod day".

·
Registered
415 Posts
new stang owner said:
They made things right by me. In total, I had my grill in 21 days. I really dont know why I was so impatient since I wasnt putting it on right away, I just wanted it. Now it sits in its box, right next to some other appearance mods that I am going to when the weather is better. Going to had a "mod day".
Guess I am just being impatient. Tend to be that way with the Mustang. I want it yesterday if not sooner. Maybe this is a good thing - they have a very good product in high demand. Anyway, got some blue convoluted tubing so that I can start replacing all that black under the hood and keep my mind off of the grille.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.