Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I was heading home tonight from school and pulled up next to a 05-09 V6, it looked stock but I can't be sure. We slowed down from 100(KM) on the highway to about 60 three horns and were off. I was honestly surprised how fast that V6 pulled away, I caught up to him in a couple of seconds though but once I shifted into 4th he started going fast than me which makes we think he supercharged it :scratchchin. Anyways ran 4th all the way up to 200(KM) then we both backed off. I had a little edge on him but not by much. (I really need to do some modding :p)

Just earned alot more respect for V6's tonight. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Yeah those V6's run pretty good.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea they do hehe

·
Registered
781 Posts
yea they do hehe
:nono: when I had a v6 I used to love the fact that a supercharger would beat the gt

now that I have a GT im freaked out by every v6 hopeing its not S/C :headscratch:

Atleast when a v6 does finally blow me away, itll modivate me to go twin turbo lol :bigthumbsup

But yea the sixers are quite quick for their size

·
Banned
25 Posts
How many times have I said that V6 hang with the V8s like nothing. Wow and no one believed me I even posted my kills of a Mach 1 and and a GT and no one believed me. This post just proves it how V6 are very quick.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
How many times have I said that V6 hang with the V8s like nothing. Wow and no one believed me I even posted my kills of a Mach 1 and and a GT and no one believed me. This post just proves it how V6 are very quick.
yea bro totally agree!!v6s are bomb man..hells yea brother!!for shizlle my brather from a retarded mather!!!!!dig them sixxxes fo sho !!!yEA YEAa yEA:wavey

·
Registered
934 Posts
Is your GT modded ?

i mean i would hope that a S/C'ed V6 would be able to walk away from you. If you are mostly stock.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is your GT modded ?

i mean i would hope that a S/C'ed V6 would be able to walk away from you. If you are mostly stock.

I thought the same........ A V6 supercharged should kill him pretty easy at least thats what the video of the V6 supercharged that one of those car shows on tv said when they supercharged one they said it had 350-370 I can't really remember the exact number but it was more than a GT has. Also if the V6 was SC it wouldn't only have a SC it would of had alot more like the gears a tune and everything else.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow. Not this again.

Yea, we're all still very aroused about your fantasy story where your stock V6 pulled on some V8 Stangs; one being a 4V Mach 1. I'm guessing you have a charger on your car, too?

Or maybe you sprinkled some magic fairy dust into your gas tank that you had left over from whatever dream that happened in?

I really thought you were a troll......but to see you still posting means that you're just insane.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good race,your an auto or stick?i know your a vert,but im sure the 6 was F/I.simple fix,just add 4.10s.lol
Manual, it's the only way to go. :bigthumbsup

I'm completely stock under the hood but have some aesthetic mods.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
yea bro totally agree!!v6s are bomb man..hells yea brother!!for shizlle my brather from a retarded mather!!!!!dig them sixxxes fo sho !!!yEA YEAa yEA:wavey

:evilchuck:evilchuck :happyhapp lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
One of my friends has an 05 V6 and he just got it. We were actually at another friends wedding. So we were standing outside talking cars. He put on a V8 exhaust so I dont know if its true duels or just from the cats, but it sounded nice. Now I was in my Mach with Fram air filter and Flowmaster exhaust. We were coming home on a two lane doing about 70. The road was curvy and he made a jaunt up to 90. The V6 pulled well, almost as good as the Mach, although I wasnt all the way in and in 5th gear (dont know about him). Then on the long straight away we were leap frogging each other.

So here is my point. When I passed him he could not catch up with me, but I could hang with him (no duh, right?) But when he passed, I was pulling hard and he was the same distance away from me (with down shifting to 4th). I was impressed. I know the Mach is faster and I dont like to get into all that much. It seemed like the V6s have great get up and go, but once you start hitting their upper range (100 mph) they lose steam. Whereas the V8s are good for about another 20 miles before they start to lose steam. So, V6s my hats off, you are still the "little brother" of the V8s but not bad either.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Manual, it's the only way to go. :bigthumbsup

I'm completely stock under the hood but have some aesthetic mods.
Nah modded auto is.:shigrin

·
Registered
144 Posts
We were coming home on a two lane doing about 70. The road was curvy and he made a jaunt up to 90. The V6 pulled well, almost as good as the Mach, although I wasnt all the way in and in 5th gear (dont know about him). Then on the long straight away we were leap frogging each other.
Next time you're going 70mph racing a V6, drop into 3rd in your Mach, and come back here and repost what happens.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Next time you're going 70mph racing a V6, drop into 3rd in your Mach, and come back here and repost what happens.
i was thinking the same thing...gear pulls like that matter to an extent,but an all race is needed to show the truth...looks like i have to pick on a sixer to prove.not my style but im tired of this.lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts