Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buying a new set of long tube headers for my v6 at the end of the month, and wouldnt mind some others opinions.

I have a magnaflow catback system, and a pypes x pipe. I would like to add some long tubes to it, but have not decided if should buy mac, pacesetter or OBX headers.

I know all the bashing of the OBX headers but from people that have actually bought them i have heard no complaints.(i also like how they come with the high flow resonaters) These three brands are lower end headers but i dont see my self buying a set of kooks for three times the price right now....

any opinions would be great, thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
112 Posts
If those were my options. Pacesetter

·
Registered
590 Posts
pace setter all the way. for the price, you can't beat them. i have a set on mine and i really digg'em.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea pacesetter seems to be more popular, but i have heard a few sound clips of the pacesetter tubes and they seem to come out reaalllly raspy, do you here that or what do you think?

·
Registered
590 Posts
with my dumps uncapped i don't really notice the raspyness. but when i cap the dumps for my wife to take it on mondays, it does sound a bit raspy. but it does have a fairly deap tone. alot of the sound clips don't really do it justice. but on mine i don't even have mufflers so i don't know what it would sound like with a fully legal exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.