Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up a 2001-2004 mustang V6 automatic. I am looking at improving performance without having to run premium gas as part of the reason im going V6 is to save on gas money. Intake and exaust mods should be fine. Chip I believe would be out the door. Pullies would be fine. What about a supercharger? NOS isnt the kind of power im going for.... Will I have to aim more at more hardcore engine mods like heads and cam? Any help would be great.

G

·
I think doing heads and a cam you will not save much money on gas, you will have to premium gas. But i don't now too much about the v6 engines.. so Hope this help a little..

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
raklor said:
I will be picking up a 2001-2004 mustang V6 automatic. I am looking at improving performance without having to run premium gas as part of the reason im going V6 is to save on gas money. Intake and exaust mods should be fine. Chip I believe would be out the door. Pullies would be fine. What about a supercharger? NOS isnt the kind of power im going for.... Will I have to aim more at more hardcore engine mods like heads and cam? Any help would be great.
you're going to need premium with most SC kits.

you can definitely run ported & polished heads, and a cam on regular.

Top streetable performance should be around 250 hp . ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about going to lower rear end gears? I've never done it, but everyone says that's the best seat of your pants mod you can do. It will keep you on regular gas.

I don't know if anyone makes lower first and second gears for those automatic transmissions, but if they did you could do that and keep your final drive ratio intact. Of course, that could be a pricey mod.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you're going to spend money on mods, why skimp on the gas? =\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.