Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy Mufflers to make my v6 sound more Beast.
Im in between two from AmericanMuscle.com but im not sure which is better or how they sound since i cant find the right YouTube video.
Which is a better and more reliable brand: Flowmaster or Pypes Street?

Pype Street:
Pypes Street-Pro Axle-Back Exhaust (05-10 V6 Mustang) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Flowmaster:
Flowmaster American Thunder Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Or if you guys know of any other great muffler in those price ranges let me know.
Which would give my v6 a more beast sound?
I need opinions!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey,
Well I don't know much about mufflers or the companies. But I have never heard of Pypes Street until now, but I have heard of Flowmaster a lot. So I can't actually tell you what one might be better, but the fact I have never heard of one of them, might help. :p

I would go with flowmaster, but that is just me.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I vote for the Flowmasters, they sound better IMO. If you don't already have duals, you should really think about it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I'm not sure if I have true dual or not. I'm not much savvy in these things I'm a rookie. Is there any way to check this?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure if I have true dual or not. I'm not much savvy in these things I'm a rookie. Is there any way to check this?
Haha if you have to ask you probably don't. It's real easy to check, do you have 1 muffler or 2 mufflers coming out the back? If you have 1, you don't. If you have 2, you do

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Josh are you looking to just put a (Single) Muffler on as a replacement for the one you have now? Here's a little bit of advice.....say you buy the Flowmaster American Thunder Axel Back Muffler, it's gonna cost you about $200. You can take that $200 and add another $120 to it and Buy a Complete Dual Exhaust Kit from (newtakeoff.com) for $319 plus shipping and be much much more Happier with the results for the extra little bif of money. If you dont have the extra cash, save up for it and then get it, you'll end up doing it anyway I guarantee it and this way you will save on not having to buy the Flowmaster.
I say this from Experience as I also bought a Flowmaster and was excited about it untill I put it on and heard it, then my excitement went from happy to sad when I heard how it sounded. It sounded (RICY)
Now if your a Young Kid you might like this sound but Im Older and Prefer the Muscle Car sound, so I ended up selling the Flowmaster (took a Big Loss) as it was only used for about 40 Miles and I bought the True Dual Exhaust Kit from NTO.
The Dual Kit from NTO come with 2 GT Mufflers that are the same ones used on the GT Mustangs and made By FORD, they sound Great!!!!!!!!! I love em:bigthumbsup you also get a X-Pipe, 2 Mid Pipes, all the Clamps needed, the Drivers Side Muffler Hanger and a Templete to Cut out your Rear Drivers Side Bumper for the Duals. It's real easy to Install you just Cut off your Factory Mid Pipe behind the Cats and Bolt everything on. I did it with the help of a Couple of Friends and had it done it no time.
Not only does it sound better with duals then with the Single Flowmaster Muffler it Looks Way Better Too!
So befor you lay out the Cash ($200) for a Single Muffler just think of what you can buy for $319:bigthumbsup
Oh....If you Click on the Camera under My Avatar Picture it'll take you to My Members Picture Gallery and in there I have Pics of all the stuff you get with the True Dual Exhaust Kit from (newtakeoff.com)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pypes m80's midmuffler

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I bought my car 2 years ago the first thing I did to it was put the Pypes street pro exhaust on it. I wasn't really impressed with the sound and the drone was really loud.

Last summer I took off the pypes street pro exhaust and put on the pypes pype bomb dual exhaust with a X pype. The sound is 100x better. Like #1fordlover said, I would just forget about the single exhaust and go with dual. It will save you money in the long run.

Here is a short video of my pypes pype bomb exhausts.

P.S If you decided to go with the pypes street pro I still have mine I could sell you for cheap. Only put about 4k miles on it.

YouTube - ‪2006 Mustang v6 Pypes Pype Bomb Exhaust‬‏

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, I currently have single exhaust.
I think im going to go with what #1fordlover said.
Im going to raise up and buy the true dual exhaust to really be happy with what im buying.
Thanks for all the advice guys and once i get my true dual exhast ill post a vid of it! :yup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree that the true dual exhaust is the way to go as well. That's what I did in a round about way. I bought the X pipe kit from Pypes and was given 2 2007 GT mufflers from a friend that replaced his after only 50 miles. It sounded great from day one, and now that the mufflers have seasoned they sound even better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts