Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Duals with an X Pipe and MRTs Mufflers on my car (one of them just broke on the way back from Carlisle and left a whole in my muffler. Having issues with the company so I'd rather just go another route this time. I am looking at a few options and would like to know if any Sixer on here has one and what it sounds like?

SLPs? Heard them on a GT and sound great

Pypes Muffler Deletes? Been told they sound as loud as not having mufflers at all

Magnapacks? Heard they were loud as well.

Any sounds clips or opinions would be great.

I'll be at the American Muscle Car Show in July so I may be able to get a set there much cheaper and that is louder than the GTAs I have.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Out of the three, you should definitely go with the Magnapacks. Going deletes on the sixes sounds horrible from what reviews I've read.

Here's a link for a video of SLP Loudmouths:
YouTube - V6 Mustang 06 SLP Loudmouths

In my opinion, it sounds like crap. With the Magnapack mufflers, you'd be able to get the volume you want without the cracking from running no mufflers. Plus the Magnaflows have nice 4 in. dual wall tips. :gringreen

An H-pipe would make your exhaust note deeper too!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys...I kinda had my ford racing x pipe custom fit into the Y-pipe and can't afford changing all that out now. Just need new tips or mufflers.

Wish I could here what dual magnapacks sounds....slps are great too so its toss between those too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.