Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 v6 mustang with a mac catback and cai. i am lookin to add more power and would like to know what tuners are best and websites please. What are the best mods to do?
I would also like maybe a turbo or ported and polished heads. If anyone is selling anything let me know.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have a 2004 v6 mustang with a mac catback and cai. i am lookin to add more power and would like to know what tuners are best and websites please. What are the best mods to do?
I would also like maybe a turbo or ported and polished heads. If anyone is selling anything let me know.
As far as the tuner goes, I would go with SCT. These guys carry them www.americanmuscle.com but I would search google products to see if you can get it cheaper.

Concerning the bigger mods, what is your budget, goal, and expected lifespan of the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk. whatever is reasonable i will pay.
i want to get my car over 200 rwhp at least. like i see you have p&p heads and cam and what not. how much did that all cost you and where did you do everything?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
idk. whatever is reasonable i will pay.
i want to get my car over 200 rwhp at least. like i see you have p&p heads and cam and what not. how much did that all cost you and where did you do everything?
I got the heads and cam from www.supersixmotorsports.com
The heads are $1450 and the cam is $395; or you can get a package deal that also inlcudes ported intakes for $2500. After that you have to worry about installation and tuning.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
so you didnt even get ported intakes? do you have a video of what your car sounds like?
Yeah I didn't get em' but it is in my future plans. Mind you that I also have a lot of supporting mods which helped me get my numbers.

I have a video clip somewhere, let me dig it up.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Get a SC: vortech or procharger. They come in kits, with everything you need and will easily push you above 200 hp/tq. you'll be spending about $3500 new or you could find used kits pretty readily on ebay. I got on for my SN95 for $1300 but had to get extra parts so i ended up spedning about $1600. not a bad deal if you ask me.

for me, NA is only worth it if you go all out. Rebuilt bottom end, more aggressive camshaft, p/p heads and intakes etc....basically a totally rebuilt motor...and those can be pricey $5k+ and even then you won't get more than 300 hp. Add a SC or turbo on top of that though and you'll see your numbers sky rocket.

Depends on your goals and money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
with the procharger kit from rpmoutlet.com is it better to get the tuner with the kit or get it from vmptuning.com

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
with the procharger kit from rpmoutlet.com is it better to get the tuner with the kit
Those guys are crooks. I'll never buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Please Explain.
I have purchased from them twice, the first time was my UD pullies. I ordered online and waited about two weeks and did not recieve it. I called them up and asked about my order and they said they had problems processing the card and they canceled my order. So I ordered with a different card and the parts came in 2 days (I live really close to them). A week later I recieved another package with the same parts. They had held my first credit card number for available credit when they told me the order was canceled. Then they said I could return them but I would have to pay shipping both ways and a 5% restocking fee for thier mistake.

The other time I ordered a 160 degree thermostat and got a 180.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that sucks bad man sorry. I ordered a cai from them and had no problems but that was just one order. Im trying to get all my stuff from mustang salvage yards now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.