Ford Mustang Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
dont forget what kia stands for keep it affordable and like what someone said before you get what you pay for. the si is a small car so it dosent need much power to feel fast. one example i have is one of my first cars a 86 mr2 with its 2 seater mid engine RW drive an light weight it felt fast but def was not but man was it fun to drive. it stuck to the road hard on corners an felt like you were in a go kart. but back to the topic stock for stock they are close but theres only one way to find out :winks.
+1 to that. i am really anxious to see what will happen. my friends si has cai,tb and headers like i said but with my tuner and cai i am curious to see how the two will run together and it is especially hard for me to guess being that my car is pretty much stock and i havent yet seen its potential:gringreen

id actually have to disagree my friend civic shocked me when i felt how quick it picked up it had cai,tb, and headers in it.

i never found civics to be anything big and i used to think the people who had them thought more of them then what they were but now after seeing his i am really starting to question the car and the power it can put out.
Im saying stock though,sure you can make a civic fast if that's your thing.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
this post got alot of views really quick. seems like this is an interesting subject for alot of people, anyone elses thoughts please chime in information never hurts:bigthumbsup

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Im saying stock though,sure you can make a civic fast if that's your thing.
have you had any experience up against a civic by any chance?

I ran stock against a 2008 Civic Si with manual tranny... First run was from a roll ~25mph.. neck and neck with the Honda pulling slightly until we were over 80. Second was from a dead stop, Honda left the line first as I spun, but pulled her in right away and ended up several car lengths ahead in the end... This was done on a closed runway by the way.... no street race with the speeds we were hitting... :nono:

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I ran stock against a 2008 Civic Si with manual tranny... First run was from a roll ~25mph.. neck and neck with the Honda pulling slightly until we were over 80. Second was from a dead stop, Honda left the line first as I spun, but pulled her in right away and ended up several car lengths ahead in the end... This was done on a closed runway by the way.... no street race with the speeds we were hitting... :nono:
Is yor v6 the 4.0?

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Raced one in my GT it was a close race,civic was far from stock though.
also raced one in my cobra that was a wast of gas for me lol
Hahahaha:laugh:

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Has anyone used the torque tune from the sct tuner

comparing a gtr vs a mustang is a joke...
the import cars have to produce more power with smaller displacement, they are taxed on larger displacement.
the gtr does the Nuremberg ring at 7:26.70
a corvette does it in 7:26.4 with stock tires..
every car has a place
although a boss mustang vs a m3....

Discussion starter · #53 ·
comparing a gtr vs a mustang is a joke...
the import cars have to produce more power with smaller displacement, they are taxed on larger displacement.
the gtr does the Nuremberg ring at 7:26.70
a corvette does it in 7:26.4 with stock tires..
every car has a place
although a boss mustang vs a m3....
Well let's just keep iron the topic of 4.0 vs the si vtec, no disrespect to you or anything

So vie been doing a bit of research, what gains could you expect from porting and polishing cams? And what would this cost be, does anyone know or have experience

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Yes.. the 2010 has the new body and interior but the same drive train as the '05-'09...
Does your years body weigh more than the previous years?

Nice lookin stang tho :bigthumbsup

2010 weighs very little more than the 05-09. The GT weighs about 15lbs more and the V6 about 35lbs more. Most of the weight is from wheels and the rear sway bar

Discussion starter · #56 ·
2010 weighs very little more than the 05-09. The GT weighs about 15lbs more and the V6 about 35lbs more. Most of the weight is from wheels and the rear sway bar
Hows the jlt cai and tuner? I just ordered mine and cant wait... just talked to my buddy with the si he wants to race at the track after i install them:gringreen

Hows the jlt cai and tuner? I just ordered mine and cant wait... just talked to my buddy with the si he wants to race at the track after i install them:gringreen
I have the K&N CAI and the SCT Tuner on 93 tune... Night and Day from stock... The JLT has more HP output though than the K&N so you should pull a bit harder than mine.

87 tune I felt nothing different... Never installed 89 so I cant say anything here and 93 will wow you. The CAI removes the few spots of lag while accelerating... It keeps a smoother acceleration and the SCT tuner just overall changes your cars throttle response.

i say a stock 4.0 vs a stock si, the si will win everytime unless theres a driver error. vtec is the best thing honda ever did to there motors, its a 50hp push at a certain rpm range.

LOVE the CAI and tuner.... what a differance in the car. Throttle lag is gone. With the 87 performance you get better throttle response, better shifting but the car is still fairly docile. I have the 91 Performance and the 91 Race.. the 91P doesn't get used very much by me.. but the 91R... Good God.. Everything about that tune is awesome for me... shifts are a little hard but I've gotten used to them. Leave the line and chirp when shifting into second. The R tune is visceral... makes the car really scream.

I know how it works,I think its a scam to make people think that the car is actually quick.
I drive a 2005 Honda Oddesy with a Vtec engine for work. When you floor it and it Vtec's you feel it. It's not a joke.

Plus isn't the same technology in the new 5.0 under the name or "Variable Valve Timing"? I thought the point of it was to extend the torque curve to higher RPM's. I'm not being passive-aggressive either, I'm honestly asking the question :winks

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.