Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there is this kid who is just another one of those emo kids but mommy and daddy bought him his own 91 v8 camaro and all i get is **** from him and every1 thinks he knows so much about cars because he has a loud exhaust system......well we are going to race this summer and i know i will get smoke but i want to know what mods can acctually give me a real chance. From a dead start is how we are doing it........1991 v8 manual camaro bone stock vs my 1997 v6 automatic mustang also bone stock.....any help would be great.....ill keep every1 updated on how the modds come out as they are done

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
so there is this kid who is just another one of those emo kids but mommy and daddy bought him his own 91 v8 camaro and all i get is **** from him and every1 thinks he knows so much about cars because he has a loud exhaust system......well we are going to race this summer and i know i will get smoke but i want to know what mods can acctually give me a real chance. From a dead start is how we are doing it........1991 v8 manual camaro bone stock vs my 1997 v6 automatic mustang also bone stock.....any help would be great.....ill keep every1 updated on how the modds come out as they are done
Is it a Z28? Difference between the 5.0 and the 5.7 is significant.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dude, unless you got 6 grand to put into your car, dont even bother, sell your car and get a v8.. i had to put 12,000 into my v6 cougar to beat v8's..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Your car only comes with 150hp (about 130ish at the wheels) You're going to need a lot of work to get over 250 rwhp which is probably what you'll need to be close. tex made a good point about 5.0 to 5.7L too. i'd say heads, intake, cam, SC and gears. That's close to 6-7K within the next few months...

I don't know about you but I can't afford 6-7K just to shut some d-bag up. Forget about him and slowly work on your car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 5.0 but its got alot of miles and he beats on it alot....ive got 68k on me and im only going to have 2 or 3k at most.....any chance at all

·
Registered
597 Posts
Kleem did you buy your Mustang with you own money? If that's true then that's all the bragging you need to do. Taking a small knife (3.8V6) to a gun fight (V8 engine) is a no win situation. Be the better man.....bang his girlfriend....wait on second he drives a crapmaro so he must "play for the other team.";)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its a 5.0 but its got alot of miles and he beats on it alot....ive got 68k on me and im only going to have 2 or 3k at most.....any chance at all
oh hell, the 305 will destroy you, 235HP and 300TQ will leave you in the dust.

find someone driving the 2.8L Camaro though, that's easy win for an underpowered-heavy american car :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
770 Posts
LOL!!!

I caught Stanger in here!

Anyway...

Don't waste your time trying to even catch up with that emo kid. Do what the man says and bang his girlfriend.

You have A LOT of work to do my friend. A LOT!

·
Registered
29 Posts
you need to get a turbo, 3.73 gears, exhaust, and tlok

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had one, exact year, 305... it will smoke you severely

·
Registered
33 Posts
my Friend has a 2007 3.8L chevy impala and he raced a 93 camaro v8 and he beat it (camaro lost its power from him killing the engine)

·
Registered
649 Posts
my Friend has a 2007 3.8L chevy impala and he raced a 93 camaro v8 and he beat it (camaro lost its power from him killing the engine)
;) that tends to happen when you do that.....LOL :happyhapp

·
Registered
185 Posts
mine had a million miles on it and works like a top.. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cheapest way for you to get power is NO2. You can get a shot for about 500 bucks. But once the bottle is gone so is your speed so don't use it all before the race. It sounds like that (plus some of the other mods listed) is your best chance. But dude you got to decide if its worth it just to race with this idiot.

·
Registered
461 Posts
do not put nos on a stock engine unless you feel like droppin a new engine in

·
Registered
649 Posts
i disagree. I would get a zex N2o kit and stick to a 75 shot. If used properly , it will not harm the engine. now go above 75 and your asking for trouble....:nono:

·
Registered
52 Posts
All you are doing is asking for trouble. Racing a car that much more powerful, not only are you going to push your car harder to try and take it, you are probably going to ruin something. Our cars GENERALLY aren't Camaro killers, mainly due to the difference in power, and there really is no point in racing him anyway. Get a Camaro then race him, or just let it be. Your car is prettier than his anyway :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.