Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the V6 sure has my attention, and I've seen some cryptic references about the "Performance Package" that’s supposed to be released soon, but I was wondering if anyone here had any more info on it.

This link is a rundown of the specs -

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2009/news0285_2011_mustang_performance_package.php

Any idea about cost and roll out dates?

I'm not a mechanic - I don’t know how useful all the specific upgrades are - so any explanation would be appreciated.

Any idea if the convertible will have any performance upgrade options? I assume the Performance Package will apply to the Coupe, but I am hopeful for some kind of upgrade options for the vert. (I was disappointed that the 3:31:1 Limited Slip Axle is Coupe only. From what I hear the pick up at 0-30 is good but not great - performance gets better as you rev up. I'm still deciding between the vert and the coupe - totally different attitudes, but hey, why cant you have your cake and eat it too?)

What about overall value? Is the performance package something that you could do better and cheaper aftermarket?

Also - on a side note - I was wondering if anyone had any experience with attempting to mix / match the Pony / Mustang Club packages. I like the Club Grille but I don’t like the door stripe and I really don’t like the decklid tape, while I do like the understated Pony lower stripe. The decklid spoilers seem a bit silly to me.

What’s the general feeling about the utility of the HID lamps vs. the package auto headlamps / daytime running lamps? The added safety of the daytime runners seems useful (I live in LA and I need all the safety features I can get - a lot of idiot drivers in this town), but the increased brightness of the HIDs is obviously better for night driving. Is there that much of a difference in lumens between the HID and the standard?

If I do go for the convertible, would the security package be a good idea? I know it will save on insurance. I read somewhere that there are motion sensors that activate if there is movement in the cab space when the car is locked. Not sure if that feature applies to the vert, but I think it would be very useful.

Oh and one final note - I am sure people will be tempted to respond with - why don't you just get the 5.0, it comes with all the performance stuff as standard. Well, I don’t want the 5.0. I like the fuel efficiency of the 3.6. I plan on keeping the car for a long time, and in 5 years, when gas is running at $7 a gallon, I'd still like to be able to drive my car .

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Damn I could have wrote that! :lol:
Bringing up that post back to top if some want to answer that...

The V6 convertible will not have the Performance Package, I sent an email to Ford to ask them, this is what I got in response:

Dear M,

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company on 8/21/2010 07:24:56 AM. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We are happy to hear about your interest in the 2011 Mustang. Currently, the 2011 Mustang V6 Performance package is only available on a coupe model. Also, the package is not available to be combined with the Pony package. If you are looking to place an order for a vehicle, it is usually a 6-8 week time frame from the day you place your order, until the day you take delivery from your dealer.

If you are in the market for a new vehicle, we would gladly assist you in setting up a test drive at a dealership of your choice and a time that is good with you.

We also can make it easier to purchase your next vehicle. When you call ask about our National Incentive that may be available to you for your next purchase. If you would like us to send out some vehicle brochure to your home we can do that too.

Our number is 1-800-334-4375 and we are open M-F 9am-6pm EST.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Dustin
Ford Motor Company
Ford Marketing Program Headquarters

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.