Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im probubly starting something but here goes. ive only had my mustang a few weeks, and it seems like almost every day i drive it i get some kind of race with someone or some kind of reaction like they want to race or think its cool to blow by me in the other lane while im stuck with traffic in the other lane.. i mean its not just people with sporty cars either. last week i had a woman in a grand am jump on it as i was accelerating in the lane next to her, no intention of racing but she was goin for it and i floored it and briefly the race was on, as i passed her she had the biggest "bleep" eating grin on her face id seen in a while. it was fun and all, ive not had a loss yet though im mindfull of what this car can do and respectfully dont even bother to try the likes of a GT or simmilar missmatch. Anyone else noticed this? is it a v6 thing? do i need GT emblems to make them leave me alone? lol jk. wondering if the GT drivers get this much attention. its just strange to me, all the time i had my dakota i had very few takers. now i dont even have to look:scratchchin

·
Registered
539 Posts
GT owner here and the short answer is Yes. I just think it is a Mustang thing. People see a Mustang and think they are not as fast as people think and set out to prove it then realize damn they are faster than I thought.

·
Registered
649 Posts
very true, yesterday me n some friend had our first clube meet, and this accord with big wheels, lowered, and a fart cannon wanted to play.

my car could outrun him(mine car was the slowest)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think the V6's do get more attention, because they are more likely to get beaten. I used to get a lot of attention when I first got my car, but when put the GT rear bumper on and the 17 x 8 SVT wheels people lost interest. I will drive past other V6's all the time and they won't even look at me. We have an import and (no offense) hispanic car club in my home town called Sreet Ridaz (actual spelling lol) and a while back I pulled up to an Integra with a retardedly huge wing and a matching fart cannon, and had the club name in big white letters on the back windshield. I looked over at the guy and he had the focused straight ahead look going. I even revved it on him and he never looked over. Took off from the light not fast but a little quick and he just slowly putted along. :so Kinda ittitated me, if you are going to put all that crap on your car to look bada$$ then don't panzie out when nice car pulls up next to you. Hell if I got next to a ZO6 I would still want to run just for the fun of it. :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
With my 94 GT people did not seem to notice me much and I rarely had anyone pulling up next to me and such UNTIL, I finished my new exhaust and it was louder. Now it gets noticed! People on the sides stop and watch it go by and more action around me on the streets. It's all about attitudes!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
ya its pretty rediculous.....i also drive an 05 liberty.....people never wanna race...its usually me who starts stuff just for the fun of it....but when im drivin my 94 stang...i mean its not even a 5.0 and people just stare at me like im gonna gun it:p haha.....like its first nature for people that drive mustangs to just give er at every light

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Well for starters, there are many more V6 mustangs out there than any other class stang. People like to race mustangs because we seem to be the main target. It's cool that everyone is chasing us but then again it does get annoying after a while. When I'm in my V8, I get revved on all the time, it never fails. I just simply shrug them off but if they really piss me off then I'll hand them their a$$.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well for starters, there are many more V6 mustangs out there than any other class stang. People like to race mustangs because we seem to be the main target. It's cool that everyone is chasing us but then again it does get annoying after a while. When I'm in my V8, I get revved on all the time, it never fails. I just simply shrug them off but if they really piss me off then I'll hand them their a$$.
damn skippy................:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
899 Posts
I hear this all the time. But honestly I have seldom to ever experienced it myself. Maybe it is because of where I live and there is a Mustang every time you turn your head? Or it may be because I don't drive crazy and am not in my 20s?

I do think I will probably see more of it now though since I have moved to a city. A lot of these things tend to happen around well populated areas it seems. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
People here in Ft. Collins do this all the time to me. The funny thing is most people who try to race me are in Jeeps, pickups and family sedans. Most of the mustang guys, camaro's and similar car drivers around here will just smile or nod, and drive away. But you get a guy with his chick in his jeep cherokee and for some reason he has to race you. The funny thing is they give you no warning and slam on it when it turns green, and they're all smiles till the next red light turns green :gringreen Same with most of the imports, but I guess that is the same everywhere. Seems like it's a requirement if you drive an import to race anything and everything next to you, even in gridlock traffic.

·
Registered
514 Posts
alright i dont know about you guys, but i got an 05' 4.0 and dude after i put my body kit on, everyone..EVERYONE. wants to race me. its kind of annoying now actully. great fun when u get a cool guy and not some guy who thinks his $h!t doesnt stink, u guys know who im talkin about..we all know at least one person like that haha.
but alot of people over here love racing, granted there are i know of 3 evo's, 2 STI's, 1 new vette, and a bunch of hondas and acuras. the evos are all really hooked up, FAST cars, i raced the black one in town..up until the point where we passed a sheriff on the other side of the street at 105..we both had a look of Oh S***.. he went left i went right, both got away lol

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^Stupid... What part of racing to 105, in the middle of a town, sounds smart?

I can agree with this. Just tonite I had a Cadillac DTS try to race me... I was at the stop light and then it turned green and all of a sudden I hear the Caddy's tires squealing and I see 6 middle age(40's) men and women all staring at me and laughing as they drove away.:headscratch: They weren't laughing when I dropped it down a couple of gears and passed them though. lol The other day I was next to a ****** as Camaro, primered body missing panels and two different rims, and he decided to "race" me. I murdered him multiple car lengths. I don't think the guy knew how to drive as well as him running off of two cylinders. lol

It seems that I get at least two races a day during the week when I am at school. Their are only two other Mustangs in my area that ever want to race me though. I don't know why but they both want to race me every time they see me even though I have beat each of them multiple times. Every other Mustang Guy/Girl will just give me a wave or a friendly rev nothing more.

·
Registered
514 Posts
no no no
haha no way in middle of town dude, we were heading out to the country..sheriff!! haha not city cop!! hahaha
(not sayin theres no sheriffs in the city tho lol)
but dumb caddys
a ctsv is one thing but i think the others are just grandma cars haha

i know what u mean tho about the other mustangs, every time i see a new mustang i always give a quick HB flash and a wave..got to show the respect right?

^Stupid... What part of racing to 105, in the middle of a town, sounds smart?

I can agree with this. Just tonite I had a Cadillac DTS try to race me... I was at the stop light and then it turned green and all of a sudden I hear the Caddy's tires squealing and I see 6 middle age(40's) men and women all staring at me and laughing as they drove away.:headscratch: They weren't laughing when I dropped it down a couple of gears and passed them though. lol The other day I was next to a ****** as Camaro, primered body missing panels and two different rims, and he decided to "race" me. I murdered him multiple car lengths. I don't think the guy knew how to drive as well as him running off of two cylinders. lol

It seems that I get at least two races a day during the week when I am at school. Their are only two other Mustangs in my area that ever want to race me though. I don't know why but they both want to race me every time they see me even though I have beat each of them multiple times. Every other Mustang Guy/Girl will just give me a wave or a friendly rev nothing more.

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah I know what you guys mean a couple months ago I have two guys in a p.o.s f-250 with the diesel in it try to race me up main street they just come up beside me and start reving going down the road. thinking I would gun it or something I mean it wasn't even worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
^. . . Just tonite I had a Cadillac DTS try to race me... I was at the stop light and then it turned green and all of a sudden I hear the Caddy's tires squealing and I see 6 middle age(40's) men and women all staring at me and laughing as they drove away.:headscratch: They weren't laughing when I dropped it down a couple of gears and passed them though.
That's funny. FWIW, my wife's 2007 Saturn Outlook beat a new 2008 DTS I had rented for the weekend. 0-60, the Outlook was a good half-second faster!

·
Registered
20 Posts
what's fun is when you can stomp a corvette when pulling away from a trafic light.......did it a few weeks ago.....they were like WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^ You beat a Corvette from a dig in a early SN95 V6? I am having a lot of trouble believing that one... Were you in a different car than the V6 because the V6 has less than half the power of a C5 or newer Vette and about half the power of a LT1 or LT4 Vette.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, I can say I have had one car try to race me and it was one of those uh....a Cobalt SS lol. I just toyed with the *******...he tried to blow by me and I sped up passed him and just waved and turned off....other than that nobody really picks a fight with me. I will admit that people do try and speed up on your ass when you pass them on the highway, that kinda gets annoying. I've come to the conclusion that we have that car that everyone wants to beat....I kinda like the attention! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.