Ford Mustang Forum banner

v6 to v8 gauge cluster swap

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bitter 
G
#1 ·
I am new to the forum and i need some advice. i want to eventually build and supercharge my 2007 4.0 with forged internals. however, i have the 4 gauge cluster and i want to get the gt gauge cluster for a few reasons. i want the 140 mph speedo, the oil pressure and voltage gauges, and i want the MyColor on my car. My dad bought this car specifically for me new and he couldn't get the MyColor option. it has the pony package and this is the only option missing on the car and it already has a lot of exterior, drivetrain, and engine modifications. the only thing done to the interior is a start button so i would love to do this. thank you

#2 ·
There is no V6 or V8 gauge cluster. You mean you want the premium cluster. I have a Pony Pkg also but I have premium interior. I have the MyColor and my gauges has Oil and Volts reading. You can easily buy a cluster and swap it out. Lots of threads on it here. Then you need to get the dealer to program it to your car. The cluster isn't cheap but maybe you can get one on ebay for less.

#5 ·
Is there a reason that you need a 140 mph speedo in your V6? I seriously hope not. The extra 2 gauges are nice, but MyColor is overrated in my opinion. You can change out the sound system to avoid the green Shaker, but the rest of the the center controls remain green.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.