Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I wrecked my 2002 GT and bought a 99 V6, all the good stuff from the GT are going into the 99 shell one step at a time. I have swapped most of the components except the suspension/brakes.

I installed the 2002 hydroboost along with the master cylinder and noticed the brake lines that connect to the proportioning valve are slightly shorter than the lines that come out of the V6 master cylinder.

Should I strech them out and unbolt the proportioning valve from the frame of the car so it can slack?

What should I do here?

Thanks for the input,

Tobe

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
I suppose it's a little late now that you're mid project, but I wouldn't have bothered swapping any of the brake stuff over as my understanding is that GT/V6 brakes and related equipment are identical.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's good to hear. I thought the GT brakes were bigger.

But anyways, the hydroboost forces me to utilize the GT master cylinder which doesn't line up to the brake block as well as the v6.

This could also be because I haven't completely flushed the GT hydrobooster to the firewall. I am having issues connected the pedal assembly to the hydrobooster.

I can't seem to get the bottom nuts to screw onto the stud of the hydrobooster coming through the firewall.

Am I doing something wrong or am I suppose to first install the bolt/nut that goes from the outside of the firewall into cabin?

Thanks

tobe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts