Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I got a chance to get a good deal on a 97 mustang, it will be my first one. The tranny is bad, and as far as I know its just a v6 auto.

I was wondering how much am I looking at to put a v8 in there and replace the auto tranny? The car is going to run me 1,700 as is. Tranny is only good in 1st and 2nd, and needs new winshield. Linkage: 1997 Ford Mustang

Any input would be apprecated.

I'll provide any more information that you guys might need.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the costs would honestly almost be as much as to just buy a v8 itself...

you'd need not only a v8 engine, but then a transmission that could handle the v8. that would be thousands no matter how you look at it.

id look into just getting a v8, i bought my 96gt with 68,000 miles on it for $3800 and in this economy v8's are almost given away to sellers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the costs would honestly almost be as much as to just buy a v8 itself...

you'd need not only a v8 engine, but then a transmission that could handle the v8. that would be thousands no matter how you look at it.

id look into just getting a v8, i bought my 96gt with 68,000 miles on it for $3800 and in this economy v8's are almost given away to sellers.

Had a good opprotunity come up I think:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-tech/175118-5-0-5-0ho-94-a.html#post1545355

I posted about it there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.