Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure some people here already have these, I'm not able to find them. Best I could do was find some harmonic balancer (fancy name for UDP) from lmperformance.com that would be released in nov. for close to 300$. seems a little steep. Anyone found anything else?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Goliath said:
I'm pretty sure some people here already have these, I'm not able to find them. Best I could do was find some harmonic balancer (fancy name for UDP) from lmperformance.com that would be released in nov. for close to 300$. seems a little steep. Anyone found anything else?
www.rpmoutlet.com

·
Registered
758 Posts
As far as I know lmperformance is already selling the ASP UDP and that RPMoutlet is will be released in october per and email from them. Also use the search feature I discussed this not more than 2 weeks ago.(not trying to be rude)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the search function isn't terribly useful I'm afriad, believe me I tried, no good information could be gained. if lmperformance has UDP's, I couldn't find them. Also the one carried by lmperformance is the harmonic one I mentioned, which seems a bit overpriced, comparatively speaking.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Goliath said:
the search function isn't terribly useful I'm afriad, believe me I tried, no good information could be gained. if lmperformance has UDP's, I couldn't find them. Also the one carried by lmperformance is the harmonic one I mentioned, which seems a bit overpriced, comparatively speaking.
http://www.lmperformance.com/5925/73.html

There you go. Our engine setup apparently has the harmonic balancer on the specific pulley that needs to be replaced. So its called something different but its a UDP as far as I know. RPMoutlet advertizes it as such and someone on here told me in another thread that ASP is the namebrand version of Motoblue which is what RPMoutlet will sell in october.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Hoodlum said:
http://www.lmperformance.com/5925/73.html

There you go. Our engine setup apparently has the harmonic balancer on the specific pulley that needs to be replaced. So its called something different but its a UDP as far as I know. RPMoutlet advertizes it as such and someone on here told me in another thread that ASP is the namebrand version of Motoblue which is what RPMoutlet will sell in october.
yeah, motoblue is the generic ASP. If you want a prettier pulley, the ASP will bolt right in, holes are the same, etc.

you have to change the harmonic balancer when you change the pulleys. There's no getting around that. it's a one piece unit from the factory.

·
Registered
626 Posts
So, the pulley offered by Lmperformance; Is just the harmonic balancer crank pulley then. That single pulley realistically would put another 16 ponies to the wheel and another 12lbs of torque??

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
So, the pulley offered by Lmperformance; Is just the harmonic balancer crank pulley then. That single pulley realistically would put another 16 ponies to the wheel and another 12lbs of torque??
yes, you slow down the crank pulley, ALL the rest of the pulleys slow down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts