Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think its worth the extra money to get the premium package? I am pricing a V6 with manual and the 3.31 LS axle as the only option, its downright cheap! I would love the leather wrapped wheel tho...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Definitely worth it but I'm biased.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Do you think its worth the extra money to get the premium package? I am pricing a V6 with manual and the 3.31 LS axle as the only option, its downright cheap! I would love the leather wrapped wheel tho...
I would check out both if I could. My local dealer had a base V6, and the interior seemed a lot "cheaper" than the 2010 V6 premium interiors I have seen, which should be similar to the 2011 premium interiors. I'm definitely glad I went with the premium for my 2011.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Do you want leather and do you want sync?

I'd rather pick out the wheels and stereo equipment for that price. Leather was a non-factor, but I've seen leather takeoff for $450.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I went with the premium too. Very classy looking interior.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So other than the 6 gauges vs 4, and the leather wheel, its mostly appearance right?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Leather seats. Mats. My color. Ambient lighting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Page two is the list of standard equipment on the base model. Page four has what options are added by the premium model.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh, it comes with leather then? I didnt realize that!
Big, if you look at the premium model, you'll see why we got it. Look inside both interiors, base and premium, and the comparison is not close.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,580 Posts
When I was looking I sat in the 2010 Base V6, I was thinking for the price I could but in different stereo and Subs change wheels and get other mods to bring it up, then I went and sat in the Premium, Case Closed, Premium it was.
I was going to Order the MCoA package, but after considering the incentives, Interest rates and the new motor I went with the 2010 Pony Package.
I would have loved the 305 HP, but if there was 1 bad motor, it would have been in the Mustang that I bought :wavey

·
Registered
753 Posts
Definitely opt for the premium.

For me it wasn't even a choice. My '06 was premium model and I couldn't see myself doing a base model Mustang in either powerplant. If I could see myself in a base model Mustang, then there would have been a base 5.0 GT sitting out in my yard right now instead of a premium v6.

Go for the premium. The amenities it has over the base model are nice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, premium also lands you the Shaker 500, power seats, SYNC and Sirius.
Right. I would have gone with the base to save some cash, and added the Shaker 500 as an option.

But they don't let you . . . and since I'm not knowledgeable about aftermarket audio, I had to get the premium.

Power seats and leather are nice too. ;)

·
Registered
901 Posts
I can't stand the cloth in the newer Stangs. Its night and day when comparing the look of the cloth compared to the leather. But at $27k for a base V6 Premium I'm not sure its worth getting the leather. That seems awfully pricey for a V6..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya, too bad you cant ala-cart more options, its kinda all or nothing. But the leather does look sweeeet. :smilie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Base model wins. I mean Ford charges over $3,000 for the premium - for what?

- leather. But it is fake on the rear bench! Only the front is real. I think the cloth looks like very high quality.
- SYNC. That's kind of neat, if u r into that kind of stuff.
- wheels, still only 17".
- bright silver dash. I admit that is nice.
- myColor whatnot...

I would save the thousands of $ and put them into accessories. Like wheels you actually want, really real leather throughout (like Katzkin), etc.

I just installed the chrome interior door handles, and i installed autolamps. I m looking into an auto-dimming mirror. Those are really the only premium features I want.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Base model wins. I mean Ford charges over $3,000 for the premium - for what?

- leather. But it is fake on the rear bench! Only the front is real. I think the cloth looks like very high quality.
- SYNC. That's kind of neat, if u r into that kind of stuff.
- wheels, still only 17".
- bright silver dash. I admit that is nice.
- myColor whatnot...

I would save the thousands of $ and put them into accessories. Like wheels you actually want, really real leather throughout (like Katzkin), etc.

I just installed the chrome interior door handles, and i installed autolamps. I m looking into an auto-dimming mirror. Those are really the only premium features I want.
I thought the wheels are 18"?. Front seats is what counts really. SYNC system is amazing if you have ipod or Zune or any USB device. Being able to not play with your device while driving is certainly better for yourself and the people around you.

MyColor is some what of a gimmick i must admit but, it does look really cool. At night atleast!.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought the wheels are 18"?
No, 17" just like base, but with a machined surface and painted pockets. 18" are available as an option.

I look at it this way: I want to buy a good value. Ford charges over $3,000 for the premium model - but how much does it cost them to build a premium over a base? $300? $600?
I really don't know. But I have the feeling buying a premium means giving Ford WAY more profit than buying a base. And it's my hard earned $...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.